Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I go from JB 1.4 to 2.0 & THEN wait for 2.0 JB?

Default Should I go from JB 1.4 to 2.0 & THEN wait for 2.0 JB?
    great forum, great resource! been lerking for a bit. One specific question that I haven't seen raised at this point yet is: Should I just upgrade to 2.0 and THEN wait for the jailbreak to happen, so I can get BACK the apps and customize, vWallpapers stuff that I know I will loose?

my setup, for background:

on ATT
    16gb purchased OEM 1.1.4 formatted for PC
    jailbroken with PC ziphone and has worked like a champ
    sync manually

So, I am not interested in getting a 3G, since it's really the 2.0 software that I have been looking forward to. But I don't want to loose the ability to personalize with customize and other apps on installer. I see App Store as the installer killer, EXCEPT for the apps that apple isn't going to allow, which by first appearances includes those apps that affect appearances....

Should I just do an upgrade, clean wipe and all, and THEN wait for a possible 2nd wave of third party apps that circumvent the app store, thus needing some sort of jailbreak. OR do I sit tight and think that there will be a PC solution that will allow me to upgrade software to 2.0, while maintaining all my little settings and not force the restore?

Sorry for the long rant, been scouring for some insights, but nothing has really answered this specific question.

thanks

Did you see my story.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/apple-a...th-iphone.html

Had wheel of Death and still updates correctly. Jailbroken and full of Apps. 2.0 is a complete wipe and restore to a completely new version. No cleaning required.