Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Guy Need Help Restoring Iphone

Default New Guy Need Help Restoring Iphone
    HEY GUYS. i modded my iphone added different apps and stuff. i did this by getting the app tap installer and adding stuff. but now i just want to get my phone back to its original state so i can upgrade to the latest firmware i dont feel like hakcing my phone anymore i do support it but it was fun while it lasted. i never unlocked my phone. i use it with atnt. i have a few apps. what do i have to do in order to restore it to the original 1.0.2 firmware?. its the same one i am running now. any help???? i just wanna get my phone back to how it was when i got it out the box and activated basically to its unhacked state. please help me guys i really dont want to brick my phone my girl friend bought it for me as a gift and i just couldnt see this phone go. newayz thanks !

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

just connect to iTunes and click restore

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want to restore it back to it's original state, why not just hook it up to iTunes and hit Restore? It will probably put 1.1.2 on there, but if you aren't modding it anymore, you should have no problems.

so basically i just hit restore and it will restore it to the original state? i thought if you did that the phone got bricked? or was that if you was running it under another carrier or unlocked it? sorry guys if im being a pain im just a bit worried lollll this bricking is scary stuff scares a 17 year old like melol!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

It will just restore it to it's original state.

I'm pretty new to this as well and I have a couple of questions

- First - What is the difference between Jailbreaking and unlocking?

- Second - If I jailbreak my iPhone and apple comes out with v 1.1.3 and I want to upgrade to it, will my phone be bricked or will it just simply erase any modding and update itself to 1.1.3?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajames007s View Post
    I'm pretty new to this as well and I have a couple of questions

- Second - If I jailbreak my iPhone and apple comes out with v 1.1.3 and I want to upgrade to it, will my phone be bricked or will it just simply erase any modding and update itself to 1.1.3?
    jailbreaking will allow you to install 3rd party apps onto your iphone/ipod touch. like games and othere bits and bobs. unlocking means that it will allow your iphone to work with different network providers.

if you updated too 1.1.3 it will basically format your iphone and just be a standard phone again, but (not 100%) if you activated your iphone without going through the proper procedure i would think the iphone would need activating again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajames007s View Post
    .....lol.
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod