Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G - 2 hours old already restoring

Default Iphone 3G - 2 hours old already restoring
    I just bought an 8gb 3G iphone about 2 hours ago. It was activated in the store and was working fine. I got home and went to sync to my itunes(all updates are done) to sync all my numbers, settings and music. Now there is no sound!!! No sound from the speaker while playing a song, making calls or while watching a vid on youtube. The phone thinks there are still headphones connected. I restored the phone and then it worked fine. As soon as I sync to update all my previous settings it breaks. Any help???? Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

apple= fail again
     Think Different

was your previous phone jailbreaked? if it was, some setting that was changed on a jail breaked phone, that is normally left on a otb one, may be screwing up 2.0....

Quote Originally Posted by gizzymo View Post
    was your previous phone jailbreaked? if it was, some setting that was changed on a jail breaked phone, that is normally left on a otb one, may be screwing up 2.0....
    Yes my previous iphone was jailbroken. I dont know what to do. There is something wrong

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Set it up as a new phone, when given the option in iTunes. Using your previous is corrupting your new phone.
    iphone to 3G to 3GS now iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by paultart View Post
    Set it up as a new phone, when given the option in iTunes. Using your previous is corrupting your new phone.
    Thanks, i guess that is my last option. Ill just have to spend hours putting all contacts back in. Ohhh the price we pay haha...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you can set it up as a new phone then jus sync contacts n stuff.

I just restored phone and set it up as a new phone. Still no sound. Maybe the phone is broken?

Just in case. Any chance you have the silent button flipped on (above volume) or have the volume turned all the way down? Just throwing it out there...we've all done something like this at one time or another

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

try reset all settings in settings/general/reset

Quote Originally Posted by gavko View Post
    try reset all settings in settings/general/reset
    Yea I tried that numerous times....thanks though

after 3 restores im on the phone with my local apple store trying to get another one. Will someone tell me how to completely remove all itunes files so if some are corrupt they wont ruin my next phone. I tried the ad/remove programs and the computer still keeps certain files. thanks
    Last edited by lexmac215; 2008-07-12 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

dude, if you set up as new phone, it will still sync all your important things like calendar/contacts etc.

just not sms and wallpapers etc.

set up as a new phone.

if the sounds not working after this, faulty phone so get an exchange.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Just swapped my broken 3G for a new one. Thanks for the help. The headphone jack was in fact broken. The "genius" told me he had heard of a few with the same problem. Lets hope this is not a big problem.