Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g SMS alert not playing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3g SMS alert not playing
    It seems that if I have my SMS alert sound set to "tri-tone" the sound doesn't play when I receive a text message but the other sounds work fine. Has anyone else experienced this or know what could be causing it?

Same problem for me only the others work, but after a while they stop too!

Default Me Too
    Quote Originally Posted by XAlliedYouthX View Post
    It seems that if I have my SMS alert sound set to "tri-tone" the sound doesn't play when I receive a text message but the other sounds work fine. Has anyone else experienced this or know what could be causing it?
    This is a new issue for me also since I quickpwned to 2.0.2 I've been powering off the phone and re-powering and it seems to be fine for awhile. I don't want to keep having to do this though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

I have this issue as well. Mine is tritone regardless of what I actually have it set as.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

I am having the same problems, I don't get any sounds playing, SMS or calls. Checked all the settings tons of times.

Also noticed that I don't get a vibrate when a message comes through, and the SMS doesnt pop up on the screen until i unlock the phone and it doesn't have reply or cancel options anymore.

My phone is jailbroken with winterboard installed, do any of you have this program, or any other programs that may take over sounds etc.

I have an issue with the sms sound sometimes working, and other times not.

Im on 2.0 and its not even jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

well, mine is currently stuck on a wookie sound sometimes.....cause i dropped in a custom tone...but it usually works ok...

another 3g problem.. dumb phone is full of them

just resetted all settings and it started working again no probs. I guess ill keep an eye on it and post if it starts doing it again.

Thanks

right here as well.

It like the iphone will start off fine, then after a while starts to build up virtual "gunk." Mine is acting more and more buggy. Completely OTB software too. Maybe its time for a software restore.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone