Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Lag

Default iPhone Lag
    Hi folks --

I just got a new iPhone for Christmas, and have noticed two weird quirks and was wondering whether this is a common iPhone problem or something unique to my unit. Intermittently, when I haven't used the iPhone for a few minutes and it has gone to sleep, when I press the "Home" button to unlock it the "slide to unlock" feature lags; it'll freeze for a second or two before it allows me to slide and unlock. It doesn't happen every time, but happens more frequently when I haven't used the phone for several minutes. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, intermittently when I unlock, the network reception will say "No Signal" for up to 30 seconds even when I am in an area with full service; it will then acknowledge the bars of service after a brief period. Other times it acknowledges it immediately. Any ideas?

Thanks all!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

to tell you the truth, i have never lost signal only when in airplane mode. the phone can lag sometimes, mine mostly lags when its cold as ice in my town. you should try a restore and see if that helps, if not call apple or make a genius bar appt.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Restore sounds like a plan. I'm wondering if you have a lot of radio interference in your surroundings.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

nope not really at all. im in California near cupertino so maybe that helps =]

lol but no i dont really get interference with my phone at all. try the restore and if that doesnt help call up apple support and make a genius bar appt...they will probbly end up switching you out to a new one
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon