Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Stuck on "Connect to iTunes" screen

Thanks

Default iPhone Stuck on "Connect to iTunes" screen
    Running: Vista Home Premium

So I updated my device to Firmware 2.0 this morning and liked some of the new features, but unfortunately iTunes 7.7 gave me lots of problems and wouldn't allow me to Sync my iPhone. After numerous uninstall/reinstalls... I finally gave up and decided to go back to iTunes 7.6... It told me that I needed v7.7 because my phone was running the new 2.0 Firmware... so i wanted to downgrade my firmware back to 1.14 and just start all over until Apple got their stuff straight... I loaded ZiPhone and selected Recovery Mode, which rebooted the phone to the "Connect to iTunes" screen. Now ZiPhone and iTunes cannot connect to the phone. I have tried resetting the phone numerous times, reinstalled iTunes... rebooted the computer a million times, etc... I can't think of anything else to do at this point... I have been on the phone with Apple for the last 2 hours and they aren't having any luck either (on hold with them now actually)....

So maybe somebody can help, but if not... fair warning to you all...

Thanks

ok, i finally go my iphone out of restore mode and re-loaded Firmware 2.0 on it... iTunes will not allow me to downgrade back to 1.14, but i said screw it.... I still cannot run iTunes 7.7 with the error "AppleMobileDeviceHelp is not responding" and it pops up like a million times and cannot connect to my phone... iTunes 7.6 works stable, but cannot interface with Firmware 2.0 of course... I created a secondary Vista user to try to work with a cleaner environment for a fresh install of 7.7 and all is working well under that user name... So my problem must be something related to my main Vista user login... Not really sure if it is a conflict with other programs running or possibly registry entires or something. I thought i went through and manually deleted all Apple registries before my "fresh" install of 7.7 along with deleting the millions of files iTunes scatters throughout my hard drive, but who knows... maybe i missed something....

Anyway... my trek continues... If anybody has any insight on this it would be helpful.

Thanks!