Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Give me a reason not to buy an iphone.

  1. #1
    Default Give me a reason not to buy an iphone.
    I was thinking of selling my ipod touch and getting an iphone because my at&t phone is just blowing some hardcore ****, so i want some feedback on what you guys think about it. You think its worth it, or any flaws that you despise on the iphone?

    ANYTHING just post it here

    thanks

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manteca
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts

    only thing i hate about my iphone is the noobs who post 9 million threads about ibricks, and no mms which is ok cuz the email works fine for me..other than that it is the sickest phone i have bought..thats why i have two =]
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    ___________________________
    8 gig black 3G - 3.0
    16 gig white 3G - 3.0
    32 gig white 3GS - 3.0

  3. #3
    Pretty much the best phone out there

    erm, why you shouldn't buy it... because something better.... is gonna come out.. OMG DONT BUY IT.


    P.S. buy it.
    You can find Sciphone in the Links section...

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo For This Useful Post:

    Dash-2 (2007-12-31)

  5. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manteca
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts

    haha true...im gonna get the new iphone next year cause the geek in me has to have it but im happy with this model 100 %
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    ___________________________
    8 gig black 3G - 3.0
    16 gig white 3G - 3.0
    32 gig white 3GS - 3.0

  6. #5
    Best phone out there? Hardly.

    No 3G, crappy 2Mp camera, no autofocus, no flash (both camera and safari), no GPS, crippled bluetooth, no mms (yes, I know, email works fine for most of you, but not all carriers have email gateways).

    The user interface is pretty. I'll give you that. Other than that, there are phones that will blow the iphone out of the water when it comes to functionality. Unless you're into bling bling, and you just wanna look good, without any real function. Then, the iphone is the best (prettiest - bling bling) out there.
    Search NAZI

  7. #6
    surely the best phone out there and i only have an ipod touch, but it is obvious. there is so much functionality and development posibilities.
    BUT WAIT
    jobs is expected to announce the next gen iphones in mid january at macworld 08 and the could be out in late spring!
    IT IS COMFIRMED THAT
    the manufacturer of the iphone chip is in production of a chip with built in fm receiver/transmitter, bluetooth 2.0, cabability for a 5mp camera!!!
    we'll see how much of this comes true but just imagine an iphone designed for an official SDK with all the apps we have here up to retail quality.
    wait till macworld

  8. #7
    The iphone already has BT 2.0 and EDR. Nothing revolutionary about the next generation iphone having bt 2.0.

    FM Radio? I'll believe it when I see it. Why would Apple want you to listen to some crappy FM radio when they want you to spend more money at the itunes store to buy music and listen to that? I'm not saying it won't have FM capabilities, I am however saying that chances are, the FM functions will be turned off.

    5MP camera? yay! I hope it's not as craptaclar as the current 2mp camera, what with no autofocus or camera flash.

    Some of you kids think the iphone is the best phone out there... Hey, it's your opinion. But to get excited about the technology in your phone, technology that's several years old, or worse, outdated... well, to you I say you don't know jack about technology.

    cheers
    Search NAZI

  9. #8
    The iPhone is only here to look nice and give kids street cred. it's not the coolest phone out there...by far. Hell the new Sidekicks even crap on the iPhones features. What can the iPhone do that most others phones can't?


    I have to agree with Digital - most of you kids believe that the iPhone is the best piece of technology out there. Being a part of the growing technology scene for 15 years, I can sure you that you know absolutely nothing when it comes to this. And the sad thing is, you probably have to show all your friends how to do stuff and they think you're the coolest guy ever.

  10. #9
    yeah...these guys are right, its not the best phone to have...but it IS the coolest lol

    i mean sure, it is missing A TON of features that could very easily be added without a second thought...but hey...

    dont get me wrong, i love my iphone, but there are phones out there that are better performers than it

    ^Nice

  11. #10
    I have a love/hate relationship with my iPhone. I love nearly everything about the iPhone, except the phone part of it. I've been a gadget freak and a geek for a long time. I used to sit around drinking homemade beer, drooling over servers, the way some guys do over automobiles. I've owned an iPhone since October, and that side of me still continues to be blown away by what this device is capable of. It does an excellent job of feeling like a *nix based computer that I carry around in my pocket. That absolutely amazes, and tickles me, to no end. On the other hand, at least once a day, and always when using the phone part of it, I feel like smashing it with a sledge hammer. Earlier today, my best friend called me, and two minutes into the conversation, with at least three bars of signal...bam, call drops. I call back, she answers, bam...call drops. I call her back, and I can hear her, but she can't hear me, because I've bumped my headset a little way out of the plug. I push it back in, and yay, she can hear me...for two seconds, and then the phone hard resets itself. I call back, she can't hear me again, I have to reset the phone again, unplug and replug the headset back in a few times, and finally, thirty minutes later, I have a successful conversation. Granted, it's not that bad on an everyday basis, but as a phone, it certainly doesn't outperform any generic cell I've ever owned, and I guess because I am so blown away by the potential of this device as a gadget, iPod, and even pocket computer, I'm utterly disappointed by that fact.

  12. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manteca
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts

    seriously i love what comes in my iphone...i dont care what others think about outdated tech and specs...ive gone through blackberries,treos, sidekicks (1 up to the LX, which is a high school phone) and so on... so what it doesn't have a camcorder or gps and 3G...it would have been brought to the table if it was ready. i personally love my iphone because it does almost everything i need. my nokia is nothing compared to the all in one that my iphones have. doesnt make sense that you would bash a phone in the iphone forums man...troll on the danger and nokia forums. Flat out the iphone is one of the best phones out there to begin with in the US. its apple's first attempt at a phone so of course it isnt perfect, but it still kills windows mobile. i have personally used it and found it useless and buggy. apple can only improve the iphone just like they did the ipod
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    ___________________________
    8 gig black 3G - 3.0
    16 gig white 3G - 3.0
    32 gig white 3GS - 3.0

  13. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Turlock, California
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    ok i love my iphone like you guys, even it dont have all the features that we want...
    but common guys is the 1st generation...
    when i bought this phone i didnt expect all this app n stuff, is great all the things that u can do in this phone, i dont have complains w/the iphone...
    i think jobs its gonna add all this features of the revolutionary technology of this days... u know 3G, FM, more MP on the cam, smm... we just have to wait... do u think that jobs its gonna be just watching all the others cell phones have more that his phone, naha, he wanna create the best phone of all times...
    well thats just my comment...

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    seriously i love what comes in my iphone...
    Good for you?...

    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    i dont care what others think about outdated tech and specs...ive gone through blackberries,treos, sidekicks (1 up to the LX, which is a high school phone) and so on... so what it doesn't have a camcorder or gps and 3G...it would have been brought to the table if it was ready.

    See? This is where you're wrong. The technology you speak of IS ready, and has been proven in other phones. Saying the technology is not ready for the iphone is just plain.. well... stupid.


    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    i personally love my iphone because it does almost everything i need.
    Hey, if your phone is doing well by you, more power to you. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    my nokia is nothing compared to the all in one that my iphones have.
    Such as what... 2MP Camera that was cutting endge almost 3 years ago? Ok.. Such as BT 2.0? Crippled, at that? Again, cutting edge almost 3 years ago? The software running the iphone is great. I'll grant you that. But the hardware is, well... it's crap at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    doesnt make sense that you would bash a phone in the iphone forums man...troll on the danger and nokia forums.
    So, let me get this straight. When someone disagrees with your rosy view on the world (in this case the iphone), they are trolls? I'm starting to get the feeling I'd achieve more by arguing with a post than arguing with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    Flat out the iphone is one of the best phones out there to begin with in the US.
    If you say so. Some of us, have used better phones. Not quite as pretty of a user interface, and not as snappy software. But as I've said before "bling bling can only get you so far". What do you tell your friends with "inferior" mobile phones when they ask you to send them a ringtone via bluetooth? What do you tell them when you can't receive something as simple as a Multimedia Message? "Email it to me"? Even then, if the MMS has say, a .wav file, your bad arsed phone can't play it. Oh yeah, baby. Cutting edge my gluteus maximus...

    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    its apple's first attempt at a phone so of course it isnt perfect, but it still kills windows mobile. i have personally used it and found it useless and buggy. apple can only improve the iphone just like they did the ipod
    It is Apple's first attempt. This is true. But you'd think a cutting edge company like Apple wouldn't aim for the follower of the pack, but would rather aim to kill the leader of the pack when it comes to phones.

    I mean, seriously... Look at what apple is doing to PC's, for crying out loud. Apple could have easily put 3G, 5MP cameras with all the goodies, uncrippled bluetooth, MMS and the like into the iphone. They didn't, because they want to nickel and dime you to death with future releases. Anyone with more than 4 brain cells can see this.

    Now, the question is, did they "improve" the ipod, or did they merely come out with a newer generation every couple of years, so you'd go out there and spend more and more money on the newest generation?

    Is the iphone cool? Yes, that it is. I do use my iphone (though not as much as my E90 now), and it's now a back-up phone, more or less. I still like the user interface. I still like the ability to SSH into a server and do what needs to be done. But is the iPhone the best phone in the US or in the world? I beg to differ.

    But hey, you keep on loving your iphone. Nothing wrong with that, unless you get a stiffy when you love it. That would be... wrong. Maybe one day you'll wake up and think to yourself "WTF was I thinking? the iphone is crap!"

    Let's see what happens with the Android OS and the Gphone platform. Google doesn't take prisoners. They always aim for the leader of the pack. I mean, look at their search engine. Look at their adsense technology. Look at their mapping technology. If the past is any indication of the future, Google will aim for the leader of the pack, whoever that may be at the time and make the iphone look like a silly vending machine toy. And then, I'm sure someone else will come along, and make the Gphone platform look like a vending machine toy. And the process will continue.

    But if Apple doesn't pull their heads out of their asses, they will be re-living the late 80's and early 90's once they back themselves into the corner like they did back then.
    Last edited by Digital Oxygen; 2007-12-28 at 12:10 PM.
    Search NAZI

  15. #14
    I hate getting into these debates... That said DO, you're not a troll, you are just an arse lol j/k... What gets me is that it seems that you hate your iphone so much, but love it at the same time? I think that what people don't see is that you like the iPhone, but you aren't in love with it, or at least so it seems. (Not taking personal shots, it just appears that no one can see this).

    My view: I <3 my iPhone, because I get a lot of use out of it. I have a Sony Cybershot for when I want to take pics. (My GF has a large Coach purse, which comes in handy for carrying it ). Honestly, as far as a crippled BT is concerned, in time, we will have every ability. I like the EDGE data, as I don't require 3G (I can wait a couple of seconds for a page to load, it won't kill me apparently).

    If you want a mobile w/ a 100MP AutoFocus Cam w/ onboard printing, Wireless-N Wi-Fi, and 4G data, don't get the iPhone. But if you want a good mobile, that syncs nicely w/ iTunes (for you iPod users out there), then this is clearly for you. If you purchase music *cricket cricket*, then the Wi-Fi Music Store will come in handy. Etc, Etc... I could go on with this fanboy-ish monologue, but I think we get the point, right?

    To the OP, get the iPhone if you liked your iPod Touch a lot. They are essentially the same, just it has a GSM Radio, EDGE & BT.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I hate getting into these debates... That said DO, you're not a troll, you are just an arse lol j/k... What gets me is that it seems that you hate your iphone so much, but love it at the same time? I think that what people don't see is that you like the iPhone, but you aren't in love with it, or at least so it seems. (Not taking personal shots, it just appears that no one can see this).

    My view: I <3 my iPhone, because I get a lot of use out of it. I have a Sony Cybershot for when I want to take pics. (My GF has a large Coach purse, which comes in handy for carrying it ). Honestly, as far as a crippled BT is concerned, in time, we will have every ability. I like the EDGE data, as I don't require 3G (I can wait a couple of seconds for a page to load, it won't kill me apparently).

    If you want a mobile w/ a 100MP AutoFocus Cam w/ onboard printing, Wireless-N Wi-Fi, and 4G data, don't get the iPhone. But if you want a good mobile, that syncs nicely w/ iTunes (for you iPod users out there), then this is clearly for you. If you purchase music *cricket cricket*, then the Wi-Fi Music Store will come in handy. Etc, Etc... I could go on with this fanboy-ish monologue, but I think we get the point, right?

    To the OP, get the iPhone if you liked your iPod Touch a lot. They are essentially the same, just it has a GSM Radio, EDGE & BT.
    thank you that about sums it up!!! iphone is great for what it is used for if it missing stuff oh well never had it before than i don't need it.

    ps i've owned a nextel i710 for 3 years(company phone) so the iphone to me is the greatest invention ever

  17. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    Best phone out there? Hardly.

    No 3G, crappy 2Mp camera, no autofocus, no flash (both camera and safari), no GPS, crippled bluetooth, no mms (yes, I know, email works fine for most of you, but not all carriers have email gateways).

    The user interface is pretty. I'll give you that. Other than that, there are phones that will blow the iphone out of the water when it comes to functionality. Unless you're into bling bling, and you just wanna look good, without any real function. Then, the iphone is the best (prettiest - bling bling) out there.
    Why are you here? Seriously, no sarcasm, why?

    Quote Originally Posted by devlinrandom View Post
    Earlier today, my best friend called me, and two minutes into the conversation, with at least three bars of signal...bam, call drops. I call back, she answers, bam...call drops. I call her back, and I can hear her, but she can't hear me, because I've bumped my headset a little way out of the plug. I push it back in, and yay, she can hear me...for two seconds, and then the phone hard resets itself. I call back, she can't hear me again, I have to reset the phone again, unplug and replug the headset back in a few times, and finally, thirty minutes later, I have a successful conversation.
    I've been using my iPhone since August without 1, that's 0 dropped calls. I'd be calling your carrier, not blaming the iPhone.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-28 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I hate getting into these debates... That said DO, you're not a troll, you are just an arse lol j/k...
    And why am I an ***? Because I'm telling you the iphone is not as revolutionary as you think it is? Eh.


    [quote=Imahottguy;136027]
    What gets me is that it seems that you hate your iphone so much, but love it at the same time? I think that what people don't see is that you like the iPhone, but you aren't in love with it, or at least so it seems. (Not taking personal shots, it just appears that no one can see this).

    I don't love something that can't love me back. That being said, I don't love the iphone. Its a tool. About the only thing I like about the iPhone is the user interface and how well the software runs. Other than that, I'm not crazy about the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    My view: I <3 my iPhone, because I get a lot of use out of it. I have a Sony Cybershot for when I want to take pics. (My GF has a large Coach purse, which comes in handy for carrying it ). Honestly, as far as a crippled BT is concerned, in time, we will have every ability. I like the EDGE data, as I don't require 3G (I can wait a couple of seconds for a page to load, it won't kill me apparently).
    I have several digital cameras as well. But we're talking about the iphone camera here. In time, we'll have the ability to have a phone implanted into our brains, I'm sure. But until then, damn it, I want fully functional bluetooth.

    No, waiting for a few seconds to load up a web page won't kill you. I'll give you that. I am curious though... This "revolutionary internet device" as steve put it, how come it has no Flash support in Safari?

    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    If you want a mobile w/ a 100MP AutoFocus Cam w/ onboard printing, Wireless-N Wi-Fi, and 4G data, don't get the iPhone.
    Well duh! Chances are the iphone won't have those features for at least 5-7 years AFTER other phones will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    But if you want a good mobile, that syncs nicely w/ iTunes (for you iPod users out there), then this is clearly for you. If you purchase music *cricket cricket*, then the Wi-Fi Music Store will come in handy. Etc, Etc... I could go on with this fanboy-ish monologue, but I think we get the point, right?
    This you could do and we'd end up nowhere. You love your iphone, I like mine, but at the same time I recognize it's craptacular abilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Why are you here? Seriously, no sarcasm, why?

    Because I have an iPhone? No sarcasm.

    I'm not allowed to be here if I speak my mind and speak the truth about how craptacular the almighty iPhone is?
    Last edited by Digital Oxygen; 2007-12-28 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Search NAZI

  19. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    No, you're not an arse because you're telling people the iPhone isn't revolutionary, you're an arse (not j/k) because you speak as if you're some kind of authority on the matter. Well, you're not mate, and your opinion isn't the only one that matters.

    You're like hundreds of customers I deal with daily. You whine and whine about how horrible your iPhone is, yet you're keeping it. If you think its sub-standard, get rid of it, leave this forum to people who enjoy their iPhones, and you'll be happier. And so will we.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  20. #19
    An authority? On the iphone? Hardly. An Authority on the technology involved? Not even close. But I am pretty good at reading and comprehending what the experts DO say about the technology, where it's been, and where it's (apparently not) going with apple. But even if the experts weren't involved, it's not that hard to find out how old BT 2.0 is, how long ago the first 2.0MP camera equipped phone came out, and the like. Even so, I don't need to be an authority to say that in the grand scheme of things, the iphone hardware is outdated at best. And the sad part is, some of you know this to be true, but you can't do much about it, so you get defensive about the situation you're in. It's OK, I understand. No worries.

    Do you really want to know why I'm keeping it? Because I haven't had the chance to take it out and dispose of it properly. I will do so when I get back home. I figure a couple of nice .50AE rounds will do the trick. I will then post you a couple of nice pics. Just don't cry though, ok? It's only a phone.

    I've already got a replacement, and I'm happy with it. The only reason I keep coming back is for the free entertainment at the expense of some of these (apparently) full blown ADD suffering kids, and to, at times, have a good conversation with fine people (no sarcasm) such as yourself.

    There is a difference between "whining" and stating fact. I believe I was stating fact about the iphone.

    But lets say that most people buy the phone, shell out 400 bucks, then find out how craptacular of a phone it really is. Say, they can't afford another 400 bucks for another make. Can these people not ***** about how they were bent over by Apple, what with the craptacular BT, camera, no mms, etc, and not even had any KY jelly used in the process? It's their money, and damn it, they can ***** all they want about it until they can save up enough for a real phone, with an uncrippled BT, a real camera and maybe even dare I say, a real MMS solution...


    Cheers.
    Search NAZI

  21. #20
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manteca
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    An authority? On the iphone? Hardly. An Authority on the technology involved? Not even close. But I am pretty good at reading and comprehending what the experts DO say about the technology, where it's been, and where it's (apparently not) going with apple. But even if the experts weren't involved, it's not that hard to find out how old BT 2.0 is, how long ago the first 2.0MP camera equipped phone came out, and the like. Even so, I don't need to be an authority to say that in the grand scheme of things, the iphone hardware is outdated at best. And the sad part is, some of you know this to be true, but you can't do much about it, so you get defensive about the situation you're in. It's OK, I understand. No worries.

    Do you really want to know why I'm keeping it? Because I haven't had the chance to take it out and dispose of it properly. I will do so when I get back home. I figure a couple of nice .50AE rounds will do the trick. I will then post you a couple of nice pics. Just don't cry though, ok? It's only a phone.

    I've already got a replacement, and I'm happy with it. The only reason I keep coming back is for the free entertainment at the expense of some of these (apparently) full blown ADD suffering kids, and to, at times, have a good conversation with fine people (no sarcasm) such as yourself.

    There is a difference between "whining" and stating fact. I believe I was stating fact about the iphone.

    But lets say that most people buy the phone, shell out 400 bucks, then find out how craptacular of a phone it really is. Say, they can't afford another 400 bucks for another make. Can these people not ***** about how they were bent over by Apple, what with the craptacular BT, camera, no mms, etc, and not even had any KY jelly used in the process? It's their money, and damn it, they can ***** all they want about it until they can save up enough for a real phone, with an uncrippled BT, a real camera and maybe even dare I say, a real MMS solution...


    Cheers.
    why did you even buy the iphone then? its funny because you have one knowing fully well with what it came with and what it didnt. no matter what you say about the phone and how much you hate it, you still bought it. As for all the apps and functions you wish for and ***** about, get a different phone that can do it for you. people buy the iphone because its pretty and can do tons for them. i personally love having a slim phone that can do so much. remember its first gen tech for apple and can only be improved. the ipod blew big ones when i first got mine with click buttons and look at it now. i am just saying from my view that this phone works for me and my needs right now. i have a crapload of PCs that help me with what i need to do for other functions, my gps system in my car is all that i need, and my digital cameras help me take my pics. so pretty much there is no point in ******** man because at the end of the day you still bought the damn phone. have a good one man no flaming here or defending my "precious" iphone because i agree that it lacks some features but hey at least i dont need virus protection on my cell phone
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    ___________________________
    8 gig black 3G - 3.0
    16 gig white 3G - 3.0
    32 gig white 3GS - 3.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •