Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G differences they dont tell you about

Default 3G differences they dont tell you about
    So comparing my 2 phones side by side,
    1. it takes about 1 second longer to switch between apps, or even open sub menus, such as opening the contact list in the text message.
    2. My 3g will not charge on my car adapter. my 2g still works like a champ. my 3g will also not charge on a buddies car adapter either. so that sucks.
    3. this probably differs from phone to phone, but i have to push my home button quite a bit harder for it to work.

the good stuff.
    1. the speaker is amazingly louder. i mean real loud when playing music.
    and thats it for me on differences

jeb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's actually 7GB, not 8GB?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

it looks sexier now my is a beauty

Definitely not worth it, wait till a new one comes with actual differences that matter

Wifi at home is still faster than 3g = ridiculous

Did you know that the new firmware (for both 3G & 2.5G phones) allows for screenshots!?

You hold the home button, then press the sleep/wake button, the screen flashes white and the picture is stored in the camera roll. Pretty cool!
    Last edited by MOSHO92; 2008-07-12 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I read that Apple removed the ability to charge from firewire, which has effected the iphone 3G being able to charge with certain car adapters.

Thanks

That $199 / 99 price cut is really beginning to show.

Hey, did they add the ability to play videos from your library in portrait mode?

Quote Originally Posted by lookatthemonkeys View Post
    I read that Apple removed the ability to charge from firewire, which has effected the iphone 3G being able to charge with certain car adapters.
    So far I have tried 7 car adapters. None of them charge. That is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen. Way to go Crapple. Also alpine, pioneer, and eclipse ipod adapters dont charge 3g

Damn that sucks, was planning to upgrade to the 3G but I use my iphone for listening to music / podcasts while driving to work.. no good if i arrive at work with a flat battery

Why on earth doesn't the new iphone have MMS ? Seriously, it's one of the most basic phone features. Are there any plans to introduce it ?

I have some generic cig lighter to USB charger and works fine on my 3G. Seperate audio cord goes in the headphone port.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    I have some generic cig lighter to USB charger and works fine on my 3G. Seperate audio cord goes in the headphone port.
    Yeah I could do that, but that would look messy. And plus, why the **** would they disable that feature to begin with? **** apple.