Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: REALLY long time syncing after 2.0 upgrade, and app installation.

Unhappy REALLY long time syncing after 2.0 upgrade, and app installation.
    Well yesterday I installed the 2.0 FW update by downloading it directly from Apple's site. Everything seemed to be working exceptionally well, and I really love the new features in 2.0. There is obviously still room for improvement, but overall I am quite satisfied.

That being said, I went nutz in the Appstore, and have installed about ~30 apps.

Well low-and-behold after installing those apps, the next time I did a sync, it took over 1.5 hours to complete the sync (I had already synced my music/video library prior to this sync). About 95% of that time, iTunes was backing up my iphone. I was really starting to get concerned. The next time I synced my phone, it took about 20 minutes.

Since then, it's taking between 10 and 20 minutes every time I sync with iTunes (this is without making any changes to the phone aside from phone calls, playing some music, or surfing the web). Is anyone else having this problem?

I am having the same thing happen. I found this article on line iPhone backup process extremely slow, corruption issues - iPhone Atlas

and am trying it now but not sure if it will work. let me know if it works for you doing the sync now