Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error -4

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Error -4
    Just got my 3g and when I connect it to iTunes, I get an error 4 message after about 3 minutes.

Are the servers down?

Anybody else?

mine is really slow, servers are going to be slow for awhile

yeah they tried to activate mine in the store (at&t) and after two tries the guy just told me I could do it at home. Ive been trying for about an hour now and itunes just gives me that error or another. I guess thats happening everywhere though.

It was already posted

Try this:

posted by lappygirl on apple disccussions forum
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread...594632&tstart=0
    Quote:
    I just got off of the phone with iPhone tech support. (had to use my landline!)

After a 20 minute wait, I got to talk to Ashley. She said there are 1100 people on hold and everyone she talked to so far is having the same "accessing iTunes" problem.

She said DO NOT disconnect your phone. Intead, when you get the message saying it timed out, click ok. Then click on any other heading, Music for example, in your itunes. Then go back and click on your iPhone icon.

Keep doing this repeatedly to keep your place in line.

I did this for the past 10 minutes STRAIGHT through and I am now done!!! Honest to god! I dont know how to do screen shots or whatever, but I'm done.

FYI...I called off sick! I thought I was done earlier and was about to leave when the whole "accessing iTunes" debacle began!

I did this for 5 minutes and it worked.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Moving this to iphone chat

@OP nothing to worry about, once the servers arent bogged down it will work perfectly, just have to wait though

Does this allow me to sync my music as well. I got lucky at the store and activated my phone so it's live now I can't get my iphone to sync and put my contact and music on.