Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get a smooth transition between phones

Default How to get a smooth transition between phones
    Hey,

I want this transition to be perfect so I just have a few questions. 1. How do I get my 1st gen phone's info onto this one? Just sync the old and then sync the new? 2. If I want to keep my 1st Gen phone as an iPod, will it turn into an iPod when I activate the new phone or will I have to do anything? Because all I want to do is keep my old apps on the 1st Gen phone while using App Store for my new phone. And overall, is there anything really to look out for with switching phones? Thanks

-Andrew

Thanks

when you first set up the new one, make sure you set it up as a new phone when prompted by itunes.

i backed mine up from my first gen and hradly anything worked.

if you set up as a new phone then re-sync your contacts/calendar/photos etc.

as for Q2 i pass
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    when you first set up the new one, make sure you set it up as a new phone when prompted by itunes.

i backed mine up from my first gen and hradly anything worked.

if you set up as a new phone then re-sync your contacts/calendar/photos etc.

as for Q2 i pass
    i also backed mine up from my old 1 n found a few problems. it would take pictures but wouldn't save them n i also couldn't change my wallpaper. i am now in the middle of restoring it n starting fresh.
    Hello

Well with people now getting the 3G iPhones etc. how have you guys been using your old iPhone? Did the phone signal just stop along with the EDGE, but it works fine?