Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G iPhone Launch Discussion

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine actually went relatively smooth. I arrived at 2:30AM after having confirmed that we were not allowed to lineup until 6AM, though we could stay in our cars until then. However, the security guard posted outside the store and those driving around didn't mind if we congregated and chatted, as long as we didn't form an actual line. The guard kept our faces in mind and, once we did line up, positioned who came first ahead of the others who came later. He did this at 5AM. Apple brought out water and a couple hours later the Rick and Bubba show came and handed out McDonalds to the first of us in line for waiting so long. Despite being 6th (groups being designated with single numbers) in line, I went in, activated, and was first one out of the store and got the applause.

The only the I wasn't happy was the case selections. No plastic cases with clips. That's not too a big deal, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZackP View Post
    Rogers f.....g sucks! ...
    Second thing is that they are not selling to existing customers, WTF!
    They are and did sell to existing customers (read: I did get one on day one). What happened was the first location I went to was a franchised store; it's hard to tell the difference as their signage is identical and their location doesn't seem to make any difference. The franchised store I went to was in it's own building whereas the corporate owned store I was successful with was in a mall (usually it's the other way around).

As per the V.P., the franchises should be doing upgrades just like the corporate owned stores. The reason some were not is because 1.) they had a limited number of iPhones and could be certain they would have more new customers wanting to buy one than they had phones to sell. 2.) They receive more money from Rogers for signing a new customer (miminum contract being 3 years).

They made the choice to lie and sell only to new customers in order to make the highest commission. At least one location suffered for it, but most probably flew under the radar.

When will the next batch be shipped? Any ideas? I want to get one soon so I can give my old one to my step-dad...
    iPwn.

Thanks

lesson for all:
    Never go to an AT&T store, unless you're super early and are about number 10 or 1 in line..

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Maybe, but how do you explain this:
    today i went to Sherway Gardens in Mississauga to Apple store. Bought myself nice iMac Mini. Signs about iPhone 3G everywhere, so I asked guy who was selling me Mini how come that they don't actually have them in the store. He said that every Rogers store has them. So I asked where exactly, and he goes there is the Rogers Fido store in the same mall. Me and my son walk there and find 3 persons buying them as we speak. I ask do they have phones and guy says that they are out of 16GB but have 8GB ones. I go, fine that's what we want so let's do it. he grabs the order form but stopped as soon as I mentioned that we already have Rogers phones. He said that they have phones only for new activation customers and that it will be week or two before there is plenty for everybody. So how that sounds like?

Second hit is ad in today's Star by Rogers saying add 30 dollar/6 GB data plan to any smart phone. So I told guy that instead of taking iPhone plan for 60 bucks (400 MB) I would like to add 6 GB plan to my existing 25 dollar voice plan. You know what he said? Then iPhone costs 249 bucks instead of 199!
    WTF! Everybody in the world knows that iPhone is 199.00 everywhere and suddenly Rogers decides that it's really 249.00
    Last edited by ZackP; 2008-07-13 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks

Well not really dude. here are the at&t prices here in the us:
    Kaiyoken-iPhone 3G prices

stupid semi-false/not revealing advertisement.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyo View Post
    Well not really dude. here are the at&t prices here in the us:
    Kaiyoken-iPhone 3G prices

stupid semi-false/not revealing advertisement.
    I see, ... no comment

Zack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12