0 0%
  • Only to very new iphone customers

0 0%
  • No

5 100.00%
  • How could they

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G will be $399 or $499 for current iPhone users

Exclamation iPhone 3G will be $399 or $499 for current iPhone users
    "You have the option to purchase an early upgrade priced at $399 for 8GB (black) or $499 for 16GB (black or white). Two-year contract required."

This is what reads on the AT&T website on the "prepare for the 3G" page. I was very confused when reading this so I went to the apple store. Well they had no idea what to think of it. They asked me when i bought my iPhone. It really didnt matter, the iPhone hasn't been out two years.
    So instead I went to my local ATT dealer who will have the phones as well. They began to tell me that anyone in ANY type of two year contract with AT&T would have to pay these higher prices. I think it's ridiculous. Just wanted to warn you all and see if maybe im incorrect in any way. Hopefully I am but it looks like I'll either be taking the blow or adding an extra line to my family plan.

Check out the page at

iPhone 3G, Exclusively from AT&T and Apple - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    Last edited by lewisi; 2008-07-10 at 04:58 PM.

We're seriously beating a dead horse here.

IF YOU ARE A CURRENT IPHONE USER/CUSTOMER YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE $199/$299 PRICE!

That message will show up on everyone's page who is under contract & not 18 months in. Relax, you will be eligible so long as the iphone is active in your att account.

seriously...is AT&T the most ridiculous carrier for anything iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by andrunious View Post
    seriously...is AT&T the most ridiculous carrier for anything iPhone.
    only if you dont include Rogers and VodafoneNZ