Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can't update or restore Iphone

Default can't update or restore Iphone
    I'm currently running on 1.0.2 firmware. when i go to itunes and click on update it tells me that 1.0.2 is the latest version even though it's not. I've tried getting round this by putting the phone into restore mode and doing the shift +restore method. no matter which firmware i put ie 1.0.2, 1.1.1, or 1.1.2 it installs the software but not the firmware. the phone starts up as new ie the emergency calls screen/connect to itunes. I would like to make calls on myexpensive ipod one day.... one day....

thanks

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Do you have the latest version of iTunes?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

yep I have the latest version of itunes. quick question, I unlocked my phone etc (originally on the AT&T USA network) and currently have it on a UK vodafone sim card. if i update it to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 I know I'll have to unlock it again. will I need to do much or will it be much simpler?

Post help with itunes
    hey wuz up well i have almost the same problem but i belive is doing that because u have the wrong version of itunes well if you have 7.4.12 than ur ok if u got the latest theres a problem then just like i have but if you have the 7.4.12 let me know