Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why you shouldn't buy the iPhone 3G on Friday

Default Why you shouldn't buy the iPhone 3G on Friday
    This is a GREAT ARTICLE, makes you really think about what to do on Friday. From Erica of course the best in the BIZ

I personally am waiting, if they Winpwn 2.0 to work with 1.14 apps I am there

Why you shouldn't buy the iPhone 3G on Friday - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Thanks

Doesn't make a difference either way. You'll pay full price for the iPhone whether you buy it outright or whether you buy it subsidized with a contract (hence ECF charges). Or you can wait months for the price to come down, but usually only after an even newer version of the iPhone comes out.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Basically saying what we ALL know. People that buy cutting edge technology pay more than those who wait.

Thanks

I'm just surprised Erica wouldn't know.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thumbs down fishy
    It appears to have the same...speakers, the same microphone... -Erica Sadun. Uhhhh, that right there says she doesnt have her facts straight. I watched the WWDC video, and Steve himself said it had new and better speakers and mic. I also looked it up, making sure I didnt just imagine this. Better audio: At the launch of the 3G iPhone Steven Jobs said the iPhone would have much improved audio, and now we know why the 3G iPhone has a new microphone and speakers. -http://http://www.smartcompany.com.a...G-iPhone-.html
    "Carpe iPhone"-"Seize the iPhone"-Steve's Roman Ancestors

Thanks

Hurray for 3G Internet speeds..... Seriously i dont see how its a big deal.

Oh and the new back covers, Hurray for Fingerprint Black and Dirty White.

GG Apple i much rather wait another year till i get a real improvement.
    EDM

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yay, im not the only one who doens't give a crap about 3g or gps or cool new back piece

im tmobile anyway, i don't feel at all excited about friday other then 2.0 being released
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

Yeah 2.0 is the only thing im actually excited about. Other then it finally being Friday.
    EDM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Yeah 2.0 is the only thing im actually excited about. Other then it finally being Friday.
    Exactly. Screw 3G at this point for me, im not seeing any REAL reason to update. 2.0 is where its at.

It all comes down to is 3g and gps truely important because ur not only gonna pay alot /2 year contract or 600$/ but it is a bigger phone and it doesn't seem worth it ,edge iPhones still have wifi and if u live somewhere like Houston or L.A gps isn't that great (compared to geo location)

I have to agree that what I'm really excited about is 2.0 and I wasn't planning on buying an iphone 3g on friday... but since my iphone fell out of my f-ing pocket in a cab last friday and all attempts to locate it have come up short.... yeah...

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAPcadetJC View Post
    It appears to have the same...speakers, the same microphone... -Erica Sadun. Uhhhh, that right there says she doesnt have her facts straight. I watched the WWDC video, and Steve himself said it had new and better speakers and mic. I also looked it up, making sure I didnt just imagine this. Better audio: At the launch of the 3G iPhone Steven Jobs said the iPhone would have much improved audio, and now we know why the 3G iPhone has a new microphone and speakers. -http://http://www.smartcompany.com.a...G-iPhone-.html
    The audio improvements have also been confirmed by a trio of reviews.