Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Backlight...

Default Backlight...
    Hello all,

Is there a way to set the iphone's backlight to turn off automatically after a certain amount of time? Right now it seems like it stays on unless I press the top power button to lock it.

Thanks

Turn on Auto-lock in settings
    To live, you have to lie

will that work? cos a friend of mine says it a cydia problem.

lol, I'm surprised what funny myths exist about iphones.

settings > general > auto-lock. you can set exactly when you want the screen to turn off, done. it doesn't matter if you have cydia or whatever installed, who would think that?

Funny you should say this...

I recently started getting the same issues... My phone would usually lock after 1 min, recently though it hasn't. Instead it will go to the lock screen but the backlight would stay on. This obviously destroyed my battery and sometimes I wouldn't know (with messages coming through every now and then without me checking them could easily kill the battery life.)

I Checked auto-lock and other settings with no avail... The same issue occurred.

I thought it must be something I've downloaded... Some setting or application. So I downloaded the 'Game Mode' application (which kills all 3rd party apps and puts your iphone in a fresh jailbroken state)... The backlight issue was solved...

So it must have been something from Cydia/Rock/**********... I'm now in the (long drawn-out) process of disabling each app individually to see where the problem lies. I'll let you know how I get on!!

I had the same problem.. It was supreme preferences 3.0 on cydia which was causing problems for me.. I just removed it and everything went back to normal..