Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G opinion

Default iPhone 3G opinion
    With all due respect to all of you apple iPhone fans which I am one of.
    With all of the new upgrades to the 3G iphone. I only find 3G and GPS being the new thing right? Other than the 2.0 firmware. which is available to previous first gen iphones too. I mean I thought something really new would come out. But the UI and basic principles remain the same. So wouldn't it make sense to hold your money and wait for a bigger better upgrade? Or should I just get one? I mean yeah slightly altered design too WoWWW
    I am really lenient towards waiting for WWDC in September or Macworld to get the new iphone or see what comes out. Just thoughts and opinions would be great.
    Last edited by kyikeda; 2008-07-07 at 07:39 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally hate the upgrade, but thats because im a tmobile using unlocker.
    The new one is worthless to me, and if ( God forbid ) anything happens to my phone, im going ot have to buy from someone over the net. ( id try to do it from here ).
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

I love the IPHONE but will not pay 399 or 499 for an upgrade as this point, I wont be updating to 2.0 either until they JB it so I can run all the great 1.14 apps and the app store together

To me 3g is great as is GPS, but I have ad block which speeds up edge a bit and navizon which offers GPS like service so I am ok

too many great apps on 1.14 that need to work with APPSTORE and 2.0 for me to make a change now

Just my thoughts
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Thanks

I think its great but at this point not worth it.
    What im doing is waiting until either...
    A: 32GB Comes out or a 16GB price drop.
    B. Software that i NEED not avalible on 2G.
    Just what im going to do, for now we get the same software so no real reason for me at least.

We don't have 3G in Salt Lake City yet (maybe by the end of the year?) on Tmobile, and Google maps works really great. I actually have a MIO GPS that I don't use anymore because I like the maps on Google more. I am looking forward to a JB 2.0 but my 1.4 is still very new to me and I'm loving it so no hurry to upgrade for me either. I am glad I got the 16GB version though as I used my phone ALOT for my music and other multimedia!