Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone no sim hardware problem?

Default iPhone no sim hardware problem?
    I bought my iPhone when it came out and used it with at&t for a couple months then i wasnt able to work and didnt pay the bill so it got shut off. I still used it as an ipod and and everything it just said no service then i restored it and now it says no sim. i have tried to jailbreak it and unlock the sim and nothing seems to work. I have tired using another sim card and it still says no sim. Im thinking its a hardware problem cause the sim card works with other phones just not my iphone. My phone is out of warranty but im thinking of sending it in for service and just pay the 200 cause i have dropped it and the side volume buttons dont "click" anymore they are just really sensitive, but im wondering if they will fix it or just send me a refurbished one, cause there is also some cosmetic damage from dropping it so much

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What firmware was it before you did a restore? I would restore back to 1.1.4, then unlock and jailbreak with iLiberty or iDemocracy.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

I have restored it many times back to 1.1.4 with winpwn, ibrickr, and iliberty

any updates on this Grumpytreto?