Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G dilemma

iPhone? More like MyPhone beachboarder41's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3G dilemma
    Heres my situation, im not eligible to upgrade by the 11th but my dad is and we're on the same plan, so what i will be doing is upgrading his account to the iphone with my number but i dont think apple will do that at the store but i have no idea?????

plus, would my SIM card be compatible for the iphone as it is or will i have to get a whole new one?

All you gotta do is let your dad get the new upgrade then switch phones with him and swap sims......... since it's same phone company the sim will work fine..

The AT&T rep in the store will be able to upgrade your father's account then replace the IMEI on your account to show you have the iPhone 3G on your number w/ the data plan. The rep will then replace the iPhone 3G IMEI that was placed on your father's number to what he had originally. Simply switching SIM cards will not work. The IMEI will have to match the SIM.

Apple I believe will not have the ability to do this but I may be wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beachboarder41's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright i understand now, but i've been going back in forth whether or not to go to apple or ATT because the ATT i would be going to doesnt like the fact that i wanna upgrade and then switch users... IM SO CONFUSED