Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Oh! NOOOOOO!!

Thanks

Default Oh! NOOOOOO!!
    Oh! My Gawwd, please someone help me, I was trying to do the whole ibrickr downloading by myself, but, once after extracting the files in itunes, I needed to restore my phone, ok, but, not sure what happened, and my phone has this on the screen a little itunes cd with the note,and the usb cord, like for me to connect to itunes, but, when I do, it does not give me the option to just restore, when I press that, it say restore and update?? I am not supposed to update right?? Wont' that somehow lock my phone or something? People have told me before not to ever updated it?? Ugh!! What do I do, is there another button that lets me JUST restore?? Pleeease someone help me, I don't even wanna finish the process, i just want my phone back to what I had??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

What version of firmware do you have? HOLD the shift key and hit restore button. A browser window should pop up. Select your version of firmware .ipsw file and it should restore to that version. if you don't have the file you can find it in the download section of MMI.

Hope it helps!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ZX636R2004 For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2007-12-19)

Thanks

i have 1.1.1 is that what you needed to know? I feel like crying!

the little pop window is open now, it's my desktop window with all the folders in there i guess?? Which one do I click on, what is it to say?? Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2007-12-19 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try what i said. Plug into itunes. HOLD the shift key and hit restore. A browser pops up and select 1.1.1 .ipsw file. it should update to the firmware version.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ZX636R2004 For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2007-12-19)

Thanks

do you mean i type that in the file name space? Cuz that is not one of the options when the window opens, it;s just folders like my pictures and acrobat, and stuff like that?? Do I type that in the file space... 1.1.1 .ipsw file?

okay download this file from here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1355

Save it somewhere you know, desktop?

Do the steps from earlier and goto to this file. It will restore to 1.1.1 firmware.

Thanks

ok, it took me to a folder, and I already see that same file in there,

I am extracting files, is that correct?
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2007-12-19 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yes, you selected it from the browser that popped up. it should start extracting and start restoring phone.

Thanks

ok it restored, now what do I do?? Awwhh, does that mean I lost all the stuff I had in there?? My customize and installer and all???

Oh Shoot!! it says on itunes, that no carrier supports the installed sims card?? Please dissconnect and insert valid sims card!! Oh!! My Gawwd what did I do?? Please help me?? Pleeeease
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2007-12-19 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah sorry, thats what happens when you restore. you messed up and had to restore. sorry. you have to reinstall installer and your other apps.

You know how to do that?

Thanks

Hey ZX do you have yahoo IM?

But, what about my phone turning on?? I have my tmobile sims card in there, how do I get it to work?? Ugh!! I swear I will never try anything by myself AGAIN!! ugh!!
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2007-12-19 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

NO i have AIM. Do you have AIM?

Thanks

No, I have yahoo, I tried to install that one time, and not sure what happened, but, it wouldn't work?? ugh! Damn it! I have like all the files saved in my pc, that I had before, like carnaval, lots of wallpapers, and customize??? Oh! Crap...ok, trying not to cry here...

This one really nice guy from New York helped me do all that at the very beginning, and he told me to keep his number in case I ever needed help in anything, but, of course, his number was on that phone!
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2007-12-20 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you there? whats happening?

Thanks

yes yes, Im here, i just added you to aim, hehehe it worked, finally! can you add me?