Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone freezing problem

Default iphone freezing problem
    I'm having a major problem with my iphone. Today I went to unlock it, and it froze on the Slide to unlock screen.. When its there, it won't go into standby, the LCD will stay powered on until the battery dies. I've tried restarting it by holding the home and lock button, it will restart, once it goes to my unlock screen, it repeats its freezing. I've also tired connecting it to my computer, and restarting it, it will stay frozen again. Does anyone know what to do? Please help me

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'd recommend restoring the iPhone, get iLiberty or iDemocracy and put it in Recovery Mode, then it will make it brand new. After this unlock again

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

My iphone isn't being recognized on my computer though..

Quote Originally Posted by obnpolo View Post
    My iphone isn't being recognized on my computer though..
    1. You must get into DFU mode by plugging into the computer and follow this:

2. Hold Both the power and home buttons until the screen goes black (about 10 seconds). Within 10-20 seconds, the computer will recognize the phone, then let go the home button. (if you see the apple icon or the cable/itunes icon you are not in DFU mode, so try it again.)

3. Restore to 1.1.4 and setup the phone as NEW. (not restore from backup)

4. Jailbreak with iliberty on windows or pwnage tool on a mac.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    1. You must get into DFU mode by plugging into the computer and follow this:

2. Hold Both the power and home buttons until the screen goes black (about 10 seconds). Within 10-20 seconds, the computer will recognize the phone, then let go the home button. (if you see the apple icon or the cable/itunes icon you are not in DFU mode, so try it again.)

3. Restore to 1.1.4 and setup the phone as NEW. (not restore from backup)

4. Jailbreak with iliberty on windows or pwnage tool on a mac.
    I downloaded iLiberty, using that i put the phone into DFU Mode. From there i went to itunes and restored it. Once it went to the activation screen, it froze again on the slide for emergency. Still will not be recognized by itunes unless i put it into recovery mode.

What do you mean set the phone as new?

After you restore with itunes, you will be given the choice to use backup or setup as new. Many times when you use backup, if you may have something in the backup that is causing your problem. Always select new and it will be like a new phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If after a fresh restore the phone froze fright away then most likely the phone itself is defective and you'll have to take it in for warranty if possible.

Thanks

i thought i just backed up syncable things like contacts, purchased music, bookmarks etc

You have the same problem I have which actually has multiple levels. At some point some unlock method failed, altering some part of your baseband, which is not replaced during a normal baseband flash. When you restore from a copy, it is restoring your network settings, and attemptig to connect to your preferred wifi AP, which is causing it to freeze. This is a permanent problem that I have yet to find a fix for, beyond the obvious disabling of wifi. To get out of the freezing loop the easy way, just get away from your Wifi, by walking outside for example. That will let you disable wifi and come back inside. Not restoring will not fix your problem, it will merely hold it off until youtry to connect to your wifi.

I've tried restoring to different versions, everything. I also checked my wifi, its not that.