Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am I screwed???

Default Am I screwed???
    I just brought a used iphone 8gb from this guy, and on the back of the iphone it say AppleCare Service. After a day use, the touchscreen on the bottom is dead or not responding. Can I bring it back to apple for a exchange or I'm screwed? Please help. Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

well is it unlocked and jailbroken? if yea try to virginize the whole phone then take it back to apple
     Think Different

I did that (virginize it), so I can just take the phone back to them with no problem right? or they gonna give me a new 1? Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hksmr2 View Post
    I just brought a used iphone 8gb from this guy, and on the back of the iphone it say AppleCare Service. After a day use, the touchscreen on the bottom is dead or not responding. Can I bring it back to apple for a exchange or I'm screwed? Please help. Thanks
    my iphone just did the same. bottom of screen not working... why is that

i'm thinking touch screen going bad. hardware issue

does anybody know apple's repair policy? Since I purchase the iphone from some1 can, I bring it back to apple and have them repair the touchscreen? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by hksmr2; 2007-12-19 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Don't know why people keep forgetting. If you're in the States, and you don't have an AT&T wireless contract attached to your iPhone, Apple will not even look at it.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

so if i borrow my friends iphone at&t sim card they will honor the damage and repair or replace my fone? I'm knew to this... Sorry if i have been a trouble to all. Thanks in advance for all your help.

I have a different issue with my IPhone... my Ear piece stopped working and i tried about everything i found in the net and nothing worked so i decided to take to the apple store hopping they would send it for repair... but instead they were trying to give me a new one.. i tried to insist on just repairing my old one but the guys said they don't send them for repair they just exchange them with new one... some of are wondering why i don't want a new one well because they can't be activated anyway when i decided to go ahead and take the new one, the clerk asked for my Phone number so i gave it to him, thinking it was for information purposes but he was actually checking if i was an ATT client which i wasn't of course and he nicely said i can't bring up your info...Obviously, so i replied hmmmmmm weired and i said i did get an error in Itune when i tried to restore the phone and kept saying it can't contact the store, could that be the problem and the guy yah most likely so i said what is next, he goes you will have to go back to itune and reactivate your phone and then come back to pick the new unit so i guess i will have to find someone with an ATT account and try to activate it under their account hopefully it'll work without extending their contract..... tomorrow I'll find out....
    fingers crossed.

Keep us posted with your experience please..... also let us know if the new phone they give has the new Bootloader ...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i had the same problem. i couldn't touch anything on the bottom of my screen. but i am a att customer and i have a 2 year warranty, and my iphone 1.1.1 was jailbroken.. all i did was restore my iphone back to stock state and made a appointment to see the apple genius. and they gave me a NEW IPHONE no questions asked!!!!!

Hello all,
    I got a new IPhone replacement but it is a week 48 damn...
    now i will have to wait like everyone else...well at least i have a replacement and I'm not an ATT client... oh yah if you are wondering how i pulled it off well i used the girlfriend thing and how it is her Iphone and i told them she has goPhone from ATT and she never activated the phone through Itune because it work when you put the goPhone ATT card in.... and the genius bought it and exchanged it... he was cool about it....

good luck to you all.

Green Apple
    Thanks

if it says apple care on the back it means its one of the loner phones they will give you while they repair yours so i dont know if they will do anything about it