Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loudest speaker volume ever?

Default Loudest speaker volume ever?
    I think I've found a way to get the loudest speaker volume on an iPhone or have stupidly messed up my tiny speaker on my iPhone. But the honest true, it works NICE & CLEAR...

I was playing around with trying to get my iphone speaker volume louder and my ringtones, but I wasn't happy with the different changes on my "SystemSoundMaximunVolume.plist" so, I grabbed a needle and sticked it into every single tiny hold on the bottom left corner of the iPhone. I think it was dirty in there or something because now this **** is EXACTLY how I wanted it since day one... LOUD!!! I really hope I didn't mess up the speaker though.

Has anyone done this? maybe my speaker was dirty and it's now cleaned up? or I have sticked the needle into the speaker without messing it up and it made some air ways and made it louder? whatever it is, I now love the speaker phone.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to skorpiond For This Useful Post:

alilo77 (2008-05-27), chilly (2008-01-21), innovaciones (2008-07-12), John1177 (2008-04-20), Jwharmsby (2008-10-28), kadar (2008-10-03), krnboii704 (2008-03-05), newskiion89 (2008-05-23), nuggett76 (2008-01-18), robertcox (2008-01-20), sandtiger (2008-04-11), sciberjack (2008-05-30), se23 (2007-12-21), sn0wballz (2008-02-26), SonnyDickson (2009-11-15), stadler (2008-08-01), Sullivan0930 (2008-07-12), Tejada1525 (2008-01-03), truenorth (2008-01-05), vinodis (2008-01-04)

Thanks

your a brave man....ill take your word on it

Default Not really that brave
    Not a speaker under those holes but rather a port that guides the sound out from further up in the phone. I took the black part off and cleaned mine today due to the same problem.

Thanks

Default poking and cleaning
    So when you were poking with needle did you actually feel it penetrating anything or just moving dirt?

And if that other guy said it is a port at the end of a tube than poking would be fine i think maybe they need to be there? I know my speaker is/was barely audible without the volume tweak......could be a design flaw?

i might take a needle to mine

What about compressed air from a distance? That would be a safe way to remove debris/dirt?

Quote Originally Posted by CALBUILD View Post
    So when you were poking with needle did you actually feel it penetrating anything or just moving dirt?
    Yes it did feel like I was penetrating a layer of very thin plastic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skorpiond For This Useful Post:

CALBUILD (2007-12-21)

Thanks

Mine SUCKS bad, from day one! Ugh!! I hate it, my speaker AND ringers are soo freaking low, I am ALWAYS missing calls, text messages, etc.. OH!! and I can forget about using the freaking speaker! I have the 1.1.1 version, and I think I read somewhere, that this one is the best or something to the effect?? Like the loudest?? Uhh....wrong! Well, at least not mine! Help, don't really wanna do the needle thing, but, just might!!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!! hes right it is loud.

update- not all the holes are open tho, its only the ones in the middle, I did it while watching transformers and once you pop the holes its about 40% louder. I swear
    Last edited by se23; 2007-12-20 at 02:26 AM.

Is this for real??

You actually put a little needle through the holes?? Is it likely that it is a thin layer of plastic that restricts the sound??

Any others tried it?

Unfortunately I had the antenna cover off my first iPhone before, and I agree with it being merely a port. The antenna cover itself has a very thin layer of screen material on the other side of those holes, is all. I'm sure it's purpose is intended to help keep dust out of your phone, so I honestly don't know that I'd go poking holes in it. Even with my cover off, I noticed no real difference in sound increase, but other's mileage may vary I suppose. I do notice, however, my newer phone is much louder, the screen is actually in line, and the antenna cover won't budge an inch, even with force. I really do think getting a solidly constructed iPhone might be a bit of hit and miss.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dane.pablecheque View Post
    Is this for real??

You actually put a little needle through the holes?? Is it likely that it is a thin layer of plastic that restricts the sound??

Any others tried it?
    I did put a needle through it..BUT only when I found out it wasnt the actual speaker. I could even hear the music while I showered, which I could never hear before. About the dust i cleam my phone regular anyway and I had many phones with dust in and it cant hurt that much if a little dust gets in! it will get in anyway. Im 100% happy with my iphone speaker now

14. The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:

CALBUILD (2007-12-21)

After I performed this needle thing I've had to make sure I disable my ring tones while I'm in the office ;-) everyone hears my ring tone now.

hmm.. gonna have to try this on one of the demo's on work before I try it on mine to be certain haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow that is loud scared the crap out of me the first time it rang.

can someone post a pic exactly what you do and how did it with a needle, I am anxious to try it but I woul dlove to see a Pic wiht instructions, thanks all

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dallasnights For This Useful Post:

irsha (2008-04-14), rarebreed (2008-01-07)

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

You have *got* to be sh!tting me! I *have* to try this when I get home from work. It's not April 1st already, is it?

I hope this is true. Would like to see a pic also if possible or something.
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I tried this and don't notice too much, if any difference.

Only a few of the holes actually "poked through". The others, if it was resistant to a good "poke" and didnt go through, I wasn't going to push harder for fear of damaging something.

I would say on the few (3-5) holes that did go through, it went about 1/16" to 1/8" in.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skorpiond View Post
    Yes it did feel like I was penetrating a layer of very thin plastic.
    Well, I guess we won't be able to "virginize" our iPhones anymore, eh?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

method77 (2007-12-21), tc91 (2007-12-21)

I just did this and it works great. I inserted the needle about 3/4 of an inch and now my phone is nice and loud!!!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast