Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loudest speaker volume ever?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, there's a really big difference, this is sweet!

I do not know where the speaker is in relation to the rubber flap. If they are indeed right on top of each other and you punctured the speaker, that puncture could indeed stop it from working. I suspect the speaker is not a paper one one but some other mateial so a puncture ends its life.

I also suspected that this might only work with certain phones (i.e. certain weeks). Perhaps because of material used or perhaps because of the location of the speaker....i.e. moved down closer to the openeing (just speculation).

Has anyone with a week 45 or later phone made this change and had it work?

how would I go about changing the speaker?

Default wow
    this does work i can finally hear my voicemail on the speakerphone ... thanx bro ... there is like 30 to 40 % gain in the speaker volume ...

NOW WHO WANA POKE THE MIC

Ouah : tha tworks , thks !

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely remove the screen by taking the black cover off. It's VERY loud now and im not very worried about dust. It doesnt really have anywhere to go.

How can I get the black cover off without damaging it to remove the membrane completely?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    I do not know where the speaker is in relation to the rubber flap. If they are indeed right on top of each other and you punctured the speaker, that puncture could indeed stop it from working. I suspect the speaker is not a paper one one but some other mateial so a puncture ends its life.

I also suspected that this might only work with certain phones (i.e. certain weeks). Perhaps because of material used or perhaps because of the location of the speaker....i.e. moved down closer to the openeing (just speculation).

Has anyone with a week 45 or later phone made this change and had it work?
    Take a look at the pictures in this forum under dead iphone! See the inners of the speaker area before poking and prodding.

Owner of the dead iphone.

Thanks
    You know I could have swore I did a [TUT] on this but I can't find it in the search.
    Well here's a brief run through

What you did was puncture the screen covering the audio vent.
    when you remove the bottom black cover

You'll see a wide open audio port

you need to remove these little screens that clog the passage

One side is the Mic, I took out both sides and now people say they can here me so much better

I've honestly gone so far as to widen the ports which does help but no where near as much as simply removing these little screens.

If you're not good at removing cases an Apple iPhone may not be the best choice for an experiment.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnie53 View Post
    I must have pushed in too deep because now the speaker does not work at all. Where can I order a replacement speaker for the phone? :S
    The same thing happen to my phone, what is the solution on getting this fixed...

The question is how close is the Mike and Speaker to the seals? It appears to me that you would have to push the pin in quite a ways to hit the speaker....

You should be twirling the pin in your fingers as you push it in and not just pushing it in straight.

Anyway I might just pay to but a case opening tool and removing the antenna covers to that the rubber covers can be punctured from the inside out.

I take it that removing the antenna cover is pretty easy with the tool...any problems with it not fitting back on properly?
    Last edited by ZipZapp; 2008-02-05 at 02:11 PM.

ok guys i guess the most important question out here is
    people who have got considerable increase in volume are their phones 1.1.2 otb ? or the older ones ?
    and the people who didn't get much increase in volume which firmware is that ?

and most of the people who have tried here , on which firmware have you tried ?

ok guys i guess the most important question out here is
    people who have got considerable increase in volume are their phones 1.1.2 otb ? or the older ones ?
    and the people who didn't get much increase in volume which firmware is that ?

and most of the people who have tried here , on which firmware have you tried ?

I asked that question early on in the thread. I just purchased the tools on Ebay. I am curious to hear the sound with the cover completely off..I bet that since the sound is directional in the iphone design that the rubber cover is making a big dent in volume. Fixes made by apple in software probably only allowed more output to the speaker....but if you have it blocked by a seal, these fixes can only do so much.

From those photos of the antenna cover being removed and showing the speaker grilles, it doesn't even look like the grilles themselves are the problem, it's all the glue and crap on them. As if the manufacturing process was essentially to take the mesh and apply a bunch of adhesive to one side. In which case, that's going to be about as good for airflow as sticking a piece of tape over the vents.

If that's the case, the problem is pretty obvious, and so is the fix for Apple...fine tune the manufacturing process so adhesive is only applied to the extreme edges of the mesh.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    works fine on a week 50 otb 1.1.2

just don't push too deep, it's just the thin membrane you have to pierce..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Interesting topic of which I had just done to a friends phone that was clogged with dirt...it worked and have allowed me to fix mine regularly....LOUDER THE MUSIC THE BETTER!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i admit that i, like everyone else it seems it nervous about doing this....but i read and i was confident learning the location of the actual speaker....i used an unbent staple to break through and it sounds a lot louder now. you can figure out where the circle of the speaker hole is because there are other holes that seem to have hard plastic behind them...they seem to be more for looks.
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

1.1.3 only a month old and I tried it with a staple. It works beautifully! It has to be an intrusive screen, because I know that I can't have that much crap blocking it. Happy poking.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast