Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loudest speaker volume ever?

I couldn't find this thread for the longest time.

But now I found it on Engadget.com

This worked really well, I didn't even bother with the difficult ones and it is quite loud (like it should have been) now.

You know, not to be a rude, but all of the people who have used the argument for it being ok to poke a hole in the speaker 'cover' because they haven't heard anything bad happen due someone doing this are pretty [email protected] stupid. It takes some time for things such as dust or magnetic particles to accumulate, and this thread and fad has only been going on for what, 2 months? You need at least half a year before that argument becomes remotely valid for something with relative small holes such as the ones being poked in the speaker's cover. While I wouldn't be surprised if nothing seriously bad does happen to the phones which have been altered, there is still a relatively high probability that bad things could happen down the road. Do you really want to risk breaking a phone that cost's roughly half a grand for a bit louder speaker volume? I mean, honestly, if you can't hear the phone when it rings on full volume, then you have to be pretty deaf. I can hear mine easily from halfway across my house with lots of noise in the background from TVs and washing machines and such. I guess its your choice, but I still done think it's a wise idea for people who aren't rich yuppies with tons of money to throw away to do something as rash as this. Oh well!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jrelmor2 For This Useful Post:

inrainbows (2008-01-19)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess the volume could be louder, but it's not any softer than any other phone I have had, but the sound quality is better. has anyone actually taken the black cover off and looked to see if you are actually perforating something? I mean for all you know, something has come loose and you are just pushing it out of the way right? Or are you actually puncturing some sort of membrane?

I tried this on two phones and noticed no difference whatsoever. Note though, I didnt ever think there was a volume problem in the first place. Perhaps most you that have low volume just have clogged ports.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

He's right....

I often walk around with microscopic metal particles and dust in my pocket. Its a nice cushion for my iphone. And yes these particles easly pass through a pin size hole on their way to destroy my iphone.

Thanks

Ok, seriously! For you people who are knocking US people about how "stupid" we are, or whatever the words were, get over it!! What we choose to do with our "half a grand" iphone is really OUR buisness! Ok, I dont' mean to be rude now either, but, not nice to judge others for what they do with their phones! If you think it's a stupid decision, or whatever your thoughts are, then YOU don't have to do it, but, don't talk about others who wish to do whatever they want with THEIR phones!

Come on now, didn't your mama ever teach you....If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ucim2cute For This Useful Post:

sciberjack (2008-05-30), skylinestan (2008-01-22)

Can someone please make a diagram to show best locations to puncture the speakers:

Here you go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -l.jpg  
    -Ben

hey guys
    so i took the plunge and poked my iphone speaker holes with a needle...
    now my iphone is noticeably louder but theres one problem. it is not as clear as it once was. i only poked the holes till i felt a small resistance and as soon as i heard a puncture sound i stopped. Now i have to leave my phone on bass reducer or voice booster to have clarity and when i use my headphones i have to change it everytime to normal or off.

any ideas? should i push the needle in more?

30% louder thx for the tip !

Just did it, did notice a slight increase but nothing like stated by others. When doing this I noticed that the pin did not go through all of the holes, did anyone else have this happen to them?

what if i poked holes on the right side? Will it increase the voice when recording or on the phone?
    BTW the trick works amazingly, now i can hear when someone calls.... lol

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Ok, seriously! For you people who are knocking US people about how "stupid" we are, or whatever the words were, get over it!! What we choose to do with our "half a grand" iphone is really OUR buisness! Ok, I dont' mean to be rude now either, but, not nice to judge others for what they do with their phones! If you think it's a stupid decision, or whatever your thoughts are, then YOU don't have to do it, but, don't talk about others who wish to do whatever they want with THEIR phones!

Come on now, didn't your mama ever teach you....If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all??
    Well, this is a forum for expressing opinions...

This works.

Makes audio (mainly mp3's) slightly more distorted at higher volumes.

I just change the ipod EQ to either Decrease Bass or ENnhance Voice presets.

okay well i just did it. and i got 30-40% increase. hope it didn't void my warranty and i hope if it did that the apple people wont notice when i send it to them for a servicing.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Well, I guess we won't be able to "virginize" our iPhones anymore, eh?
    LOL!!! That made my night!!!

It does work! My phone is definitely louder!

dbldare

I have just done mine

solved my issues

cheers

However I took my antena cover off and now it sits on funny can anyone help me get it on right?

Mike

I must have pushed in too deep because now the speaker does not work at all. Where can I order a replacement speaker for the phone? :S

Ouch....is that really true....you'd be the first to report damaging the speaker. How far did you press the pin in?

Wierd part is that I've done it on 4 week 29 phones with no problem, and then, on the week 34 phone, I did it, and the speaker became very low, so I thought that maybe the cover got crammed into the speaker, so i moved the pin around, and then it just stopped working completely, so I opened up the antenna cover, and completely removed the flap, but it still doesnt work, even after playing with it...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast