Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loudest speaker volume ever?

everyone start poking the holes! It works! Thnks 4the tip!
    I didn't pay for my Iphone

Banned
    Thanks

i think im gunna do this...i just dont want my phone to get all dusty inside and mees it up

EDIT: OMG!!! 10x LOUDER
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2008-01-05 at 11:12 PM.

Can one of the Mods set this thread as a sticky?

wait so do we put the needle through the holes on the left side or through the holes on both sides?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJattMan View Post
    wait so do we put the needle through the holes on the left side or through the holes on both sides?
    Just the left side which is the speaker, right side is the MIC.

Thanks

I love nothing more than voiding warranties! So this was a no brainer for me. I did notice an increase, but not alot. This phone does severely rock though.

Mark

tried it.. works.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I tried this method and it bricked my phone! Damn what do I do now?

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dooley19 View Post
    I tried this method and it bricked my phone! Damn what do I do now?
    What did you use? An air chisel?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

LOL I was just kidding my phone works good as new!

nice guys...... easy simple solutions.... thanks a million

done it on my iphone my wife noticed the difference straight away and now i have done it on hers ,,,over the moon now ,,,had plenty phones in my time i have never had problem with dust , i have taken the risk now my iphone is tops

ps left side is speaker ,right side is mic ,,,little needle poke gently i think theres only 5 holes what go in easily ,dont go forcing anything but theres nothing behind u can damage anyway ,,,,i mean dont get a knitting needle and a lump hammmer lol

the so called "dust" you took out of the speaker wasnt dust at all it was iron fileings and they are everywhere around us. have you ever taken a magnet and rubbed it through some sand? it gets chalk full of that stuff. any speaker that is not conected to AC has a magnet inside it. it basicly attracts those small particles that are left over from whatever your doing and it holds the plastic film down that creates the soundwaves. this is why manufactures put a type of foam over the opening of earphones and such. ya so like keep it away from any dirt or dust or anything that has the potential to have that stuff in it even pocket lint.

Thumbs up get out those damn needles
    I just punched a few holes in the speaker of my iphone like skorpiond did.
    And just like that CRISP and LOUD !!
    Love you man for that stumbling over this, I have been trying to get loud sounds on this iphone since forever.
    Thank YOU SO MUCH

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKS... I tested on of my ringtones then poked the speaker and its increased 79% lol

after doing this what the worst could happen??? is the dust will damage the speaker???

Quote Originally Posted by TatesMan View Post
    after doing this what the worst could happen??? is the dust will damage the speaker???
    I keep reading about people's concern with the speaker getting dust and damaging the screen, but I haven't heard of anyone with this issue. As far as I'm concern poking the tiny holes will not get your screen damaged with dust, therefor needle through.

LOL I just tried this and the beginning trumpet sound in Family Guy startled me! haha

Get a needle and start poking.

ok i have tried this and have not seen any changes in speaker volume

Thanks

Default Hmm...
    I have tried this too guys, but, I don't think I notice a difference??
    I could feel I was poking trough some sort of film or something. I am on 1.1.2, or does that not matter all? Well when my phone was new it was 1.1.1?? Sorry, that probably has nothing to do with anything huh? hehe

Anyways, maybe i should change the stupid ringtone?? I am probably still the only person anywhere using the "old phone" ringer that came with the iphone! ha! But, I just can't seem to find a super loud ringer! If I could only find 1 really loud ringer, then I could finally STOP missing calls and texts and such! Ugh!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast