Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loudest speaker volume ever?

i wouldnt take the risk personally...i agree it probably does work well but the purpose for any barrier inside the speaker hols would simply be to protect the inside from possible excess dust getting inside...i also agree the sound volume does suck but i keep mine on me on vibrate all the time....thanks for the info though

hmmmmmmmmmm sounds like fun...! yeahhh! hehe...i'll try and build the courage to do this!

haha what did you guys use to do this? I tried a needle, a paper clip, and other small things but the holes are just too small to poke anything through!

Quote Originally Posted by renegaderon View Post
    Wow that is loud scared the crap out of me the first time it rang.
    feck your funny, I really did LOL... maybe its just my sense of humor

Thanks

Im gonna do it..........real soon gotta reach down and grab 'em first.......
    Last edited by CALBUILD; 2007-12-21 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

aight, i'm gonna swear upon my iPhone that this trick works (i was very skeptical at first, but too sick of the shoddy speaker volume to not do anything). I poked a needle through about 1/16 of an inch to 1/8 of an inch through each hole it would enter without too much force.... and viola... a noticeably louder iPhone.

My guess though is that whatever layer is in the holes is there to keep dust out... so do it at your own risk, but know that the results are worth it

Thanks a lot!!!!

im impressed

wow, I am surely not going to shove a needle into the speaker holes of my iphone, but I was curious enough that I used the end of one of my wife's earings and found that the volume is increased. I didnt puncture anything, but I did use somepressure in each hole a few times. worked okay!

added: also gave my iphone a BJ, sucked the dust out via speaker hole. But there is a nice difference, thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by alectra82; 2007-12-21 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks

Hi guys you dont really need a guide or pics, the holes on the left are the speaker find somthing tiny like a small needle and just pop away (lol) until it pops the plastic film. trust me it is worth it, you wont believe how much of a difference it makes. I also put my ipod eq on treble booster and it rocks. love it. Please dont tell any kids you see on the back of the bus who have iphone tho.

Dude for a moment i thought this guy is BS, but was i wrong, you are THE MAN, what a different what a different........This is the best phone i ever own, everytime i check the forum there is alway new surprises! Loving every moment

I'd rather have a low speaker volume than a damaged iPhone...

Glad to hear you guys found this useful!
    Trust me I couldn't believe it myself when I first did this and noticed the huge difference. Thank me if you agree!

Quote Originally Posted by rod88 View Post
    I'd rather have a low speaker volume than a damaged iPhone...
    Who has damaged their phone by doing this? NO ONE! You're just giving your speakers some breathing space by doing the needle penetration which is barely noticeable.
    Last edited by skorpiond; 2007-12-21 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to skorpiond For This Useful Post:

innovaciones (2008-07-12), iPhoneIslam (2008-01-20), julianqm2 (2007-12-26), lileasy (2008-04-15), mikejonessmith (2007-12-22), scottvalentine (2008-01-04), yemenprince2004 (2008-01-04)

I pricked looks like it sort of worked. This is kind of weird. Does anyone know the real reason behind this?!. Thanks for this trick anyways

Quote Originally Posted by skorpiond View Post
    Glad to hear you guys found this useful!
    Trust me I couldn't believe it myself when I first did this and noticed the huge difference. Thank me if you agree!

Who has damaged their phone by doing this? NO ONE! You're just giving your speakers some breathing space by doing the needle penetration which is barely noticeable.

WOW! this actually worked...... I wonder if this would work for the earpiece too? Is the speaker directly behind the mesh on the earpiece?
    Last edited by dbarrett5381; 2007-12-22 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks

earpiece hmmmmmm
    who is going first?????

I tried it and.....yes it works! I did a sound test before and it was loud but after its 2x louder

i bought my iphone from colorwarepc,
    and since they took it apart to paint it.
    it doesnt have the crappy membrane covering the speaker.

but make sure you guys have a case or something to keep dust out.

could you imagine dust under your screen or something?
    hella annoying
    "I accidentally upgraded my firmware.....again..."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    WOW! this actually worked...... I wonder if this would work for the earpiece too? Is the speaker directly behind the mesh on the earpiece?
    NOOOOO, Dont do the earpiece if you break it your finished, lol. just be glad with this cool trick.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

so how meny holes i have to stick thru with the needle?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

wow i did it... n it works!!! like a 30 or 40 % louder...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast