Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loudest speaker volume ever?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Surely there has to be a software based way, I really dislike the idea of stabbing my iPhone with a needle. Especially since I don't have an Apple warrenty
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Yes i confirm that this works......Thanks a bunch!!!!
    8 gig iphone ver 1.1.3 jailbroken
    THis PHone RoCkS!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

deffinetly works its not going to void any warranty and iv seen a sofware patch but it dosent really do mmuch
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Can't believe I just found this out today. I just took the back off and took the tape that was under the speaker out. Easy as 123 and sound is about 100% louder.

Also like said a million times even if you just stab it with a needle the speaker is not right there so no risk of damaging it.

GARSH!!! Thanks....

I just tried this one my 8 GB 04.04.05_G Purchased new from Apple in March of '08 and it has made a major difference. I went from holding the speaker up to my ear to hear the speaker phone to actually having to turn it down for the first time ever.

Second I got really brave and poked the holes over the Mic (very carefully don't know how far in it is) and just a few minutes ago my wife went from her usuall "What did you say?" to "Would you PLEASE STOP YELLING!!!" The phone was several feet away and I was talking in a normal voice to test it out.

Thanks skorpiond!!!
    http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/sigs/801120092.png

Life's short so have a blast. Give God a good laugh, tell him YOUR big plan.

yep works alright.. 20-30% higher sound
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

why just puncturing holes? I removed the entire metal back and antenna and let me tell you it sounds extremely loud now, couldn't be happier.

thanks guys!! for the idea.

Do you mind telling me how you removed the antenna cover? I tried poking a needle in, there seems to be a slight increase but I would like to remove the pastic completely like you did for maximum effect. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H. View Post
    Do you mind telling me how you removed the antenna cover? I tried poking a needle in, there seems to be a slight increase but I would like to remove the pastic completely like you did for maximum effect. Thanks.
    same question
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

just did this i say about 25-30 % increase

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't do this my friend did it when someone found this trick months ago, he got dust under his screen all the time.
    He have opend and cleand it many times till now when he clued new filter that prevents the dust from coming in.
    PS. even by opening the device you can't clean it to as clean as a new.
    Last edited by deli_gt; 2008-07-12 at 08:06 PM.

Thank you so much man! this works great! is about 2.5x louder, but the question now is: the iphone 3g is louder? anyone can make a speaker sound comparison? i will love to see this in youtube.

Ohhhhh it worked MUCH MUCHLouder

its loud to the point I have to lower the volume sometimes :P
    Last edited by shabz9104; 2008-08-01 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by skorpiond View Post
    I think I've found a way to get the loudest speaker volume on an iPhone or have stupidly messed up my tiny speaker on my iPhone. But the honest true, it works NICE & CLEAR...

I was playing around with trying to get my iphone speaker volume louder and my ringtones, but I wasn't happy with the different changes on my "SystemSoundMaximunVolume.plist" so, I grabbed a needle and sticked it into every single tiny hold on the bottom left corner of the iPhone. I think it was dirty in there or something because now this **** is EXACTLY how I wanted it since day one... LOUD!!! I really hope I didn't mess up the speaker though.

Has anyone done this? maybe my speaker was dirty and it's now cleaned up? or I have sticked the needle into the speaker without messing it up and it made some air ways and made it louder? whatever it is, I now love the speaker phone.
    FREAKIN' SWEET!! Works!!

HOW DO I REMOVE THE BACK SO I CAN REMOVE THE TAPE? Just did the Needle thing and it is awesome! Want to know how much louder it will be with the tape removed.

Thanks

anything like this working with the 3g?

thanks!!!!! works great now!!! about 60% louder!!1

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    WOW! this actually worked...... I wonder if this would work for the earpiece too? Is the speaker directly behind the mesh on the earpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by megalaser View Post
    Yes and also if the screen is dirty I would say the best way to clean it is with sandpaper
    Last edited by exo128; 2008-08-14 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I needled it and it worked also. I just hope I dont have to keep cleaning out those holes now. The needle would not go through all of the holes, but I found that I had better luck with the whole on the outside when I angled the needle towards te middle instead of just straight down. Also, no need to go deeper than 1/8 of an inch, you just need to puncture the outer layer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JP101's Avatar
    Thanks

I did this too. Dude, 1st off, you're insanely stupid to stick a needle into the speakers of your iPhone. HOWEVER, all good things are usually out of stupid moments, and this is one of them. Thanks for the advice on getting this to work. It is a lot louder. Just wish there was a way to make the earpiece louder Unfortunately, the hack on Cydia is worth crap.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JP101 View Post
    I did this too. Dude, 1st off, you're insanely stupid to stick a needle into the speakers of your iPhone. HOWEVER, all good things are usually out of stupid moments, and this is one of them. Thanks for the advice on getting this to work. It is a lot louder. Just wish there was a way to make the earpiece louder Unfortunately, the hack on Cydia is worth crap.

try this then....
    i just found it and I need more people to try and it post results... Im unsure if it worked... lol

Im used to nextel so nothing is loud anymore.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...-increase.html

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast