Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How will they handle old iPhone issues?

Default How will they handle old iPhone issues?
    How do you think they will handle old iphone issues. Specifically, I have a 4 gig iphone that is less than a year old and is getting little bubbles behind the screen. Do you think, if I bring it in after the 11th, that the will exchange with a new one?

no sorry they wont exchange from what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    How do you think they will handle old iphone issues. Specifically, I have a 4 gig iphone that is less than a year old and is getting little bubbles behind the screen. Do you think, if I bring it in after the 11th, that the will exchange with a new one?
    Wait...wtf...

Didn't you sell me an 8gb iphone?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

its a one year hardware warrenty from apple, you'll be fine, just go get a new one..
    HANDEL WITH CARE!!
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Yeah I sold you my 8 gig, I'm talking about my wife's, chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    Yeah I sold you my 8 gig, I'm talking about my wife's, chill out.
    lawl, ok.

As long is it wasn't refirbished or anything...

I'm wondering the same thing. I have an 8 gig that is starting to get bubbles. Well, it has one so far. But it bugs the crap out of me though every time I look at it. Anyway, from what I've heard is that Apple always stocks old models for this reason. Someone told me they recently brought a 1st gen Nano in and they replaced it with a 1st gen Nano. I know they are not making any more 1st gen iPhones but they probably still have some for replacing though.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

They aren't making them anymore, but they aren't selling the refurbished ones either. So I suppose it depends on how long their supply of refurbished iphones holds out. My guess is they've got "enough" -- but it would be interesting to see what happens if they ever run out of them.

I had bought my phone off ebay after the 3g prices were announced and people started to dump theirs. It had some problems, but was still under warranty and I managed to get it replaced at the Apple store (not an easy process if you haven't activated the phone properly through itunes -- thankfully the previous owner had or I'm sure I would have been out of luck).

At any rate, my "refurbished" phone, looks, as far as I can tell, to be absolutely brand new. Not a scratch on it anywhere, better than listed battery life, etc. Oddly enough, though, iLiberty didn't recognize the firmware (it literally said that) that it came with. I couldn't jailbreak the phone until I reflashed it with 1.1.4 -- I can't imagine what firmware it could have been . . .

At any rate, I was told when I made my genius bar appointment that they had "Lots" of refurbished phones available to swap with defective phones if it came to that. Not quite sure why I gave you the full story when just that one sentence would have done as well, but whatever. Consider the rest to be bonus material.