Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone problem PLEASE HELP!

Default iphone problem PLEASE HELP!
    so i had a normal working iphone till installer wont download anything.i just jailbroen the phone with ziphone and it started working.

later the same happened but only when the phone was jailbroking the usb disconected or something( there was that usb sound) and iphone stuck on screen where you can see zorro and installing base apps.

so i put it in recovery mode and restore with itunes.everything worked fine.

this time i wanted to unlock it with WinPwn.so i started every thing right, pwned it, the i browsed for ipsw file and it stuck on screen waiting for ipod to reboot(in pc) and iphone had a black screen.then i realize that i had ipod not iphone ipsw.

the screen is black now i cant do anything. i cant put it in recovery or dfu mode.

PLEASE HELP ME! im in real trouble!

i live in Latvia so i cant just walk in apple store and say there was a bug while restoring.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does iTunes recognize the iPhone while its connected? If it does, you might want to try using Ziphone or iLiberty or whatever to Boot into Recovery Mode. (Also, if iTunes recognizes the iPhone, then simply click restore and it will Restore to the iPhone 1.1.4 firmware.)

If that doesn't work, try using the buttons to boot into Recovery mode. Hold down Power+Home and release Power as soon as you see the Apple.

Try the above or else give me a bit more info.
    If someone helped you, hit their THANKS button.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rvashi For This Useful Post:

mzfckr (2008-07-02)

i forgot to mention i cant put it in recovery or dfu mode, also itunes doest recognize it.

help please!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When you push the power button does the white apple logo come up at all? If so then I KNOW you can get it into DFU mode, but if the phone is completely unresponsive and won't even boot then there is a bootloader problem and most likely you have a brick.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

mzfckr (2008-07-02)

no

im soo worried

Green Apple
    Thanks

okay, i would recommend you keep trying to somehow get it into Recovery or DFU mode. Try to keep the power button pressed down for a while...see if that does anything. Then try to DFU method...see if that does anything. Then try the Recovery method and see if that does anything.

Keep trying all 'button methods' to get the phone to start up in recovery, dfu, or apple logo. Something has to happen...i can't imagine it would be totally just bricked!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rvashi For This Useful Post:

mzfckr (2008-07-02)

i pressed buttons for a while and it didnt do anything...

DAMN i lost a iphone...

EDIT: ARE THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP ME?

now itunes detect it as a ipod. when i try to restore it it will restore it with ipod ipsw. what should i do now?
    Last edited by mzfckr; 2008-07-02 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

okay awesome!! So you got iTunes to detect it. Well, now download the correct 1.1.4 firmware for the iPhone. You can get it from the Download section here on MMi.

THen hold down Shift+Click on Restore and that should give you a browse window. Select the iPhone 1.1.4 firmware and click okay and it should restore fine.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rvashi For This Useful Post:

mzfckr (2008-07-02)

when i try it its says:
    ipod could not be restored.an unknown error ouccoured (5).

hmmm?

Green Apple
    Thanks

okay, try to put the iPhone in DFU mode using iLiberty or whatever..somehow!! Then try that same method again. DFU should almost always work.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rvashi For This Useful Post:

mzfckr (2008-07-02)

the iphone screen is urresponsive(does nothing).

ziphone cant put it into dfu mode.it cant because it searches and searches and find nothing. i think because it is designed to put iphone in dfu mode, not iphone with ipod ipsw.

EDIT: maybe i need to fully restore with ipod ipsw and then do something, or this will ruin it?

EDIT: a strange thing happened.now i held power and home button for a while and itunes found it as an iphone! i started to restore it but the same error ipod could not be restored.an unknown error ouccoured (5). (yes ipod!)

the iphone screen was completely white at start, then there was the apple loggo.

EDIT: i tryed it again but only shift + restore to 1.14 iphone ipsw this time the same error but with (9) - ipod could not be restored.an unknown error ouccoured (9).
    Last edited by mzfckr; 2008-07-03 at 11:38 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Where are you restoring from? Recovery Mode or DFU mode or Normal Mode? If will keep giving you iPod errors if you try to restore it from anything other mode besides DFU!

Look on post #4 and follow instructions on Poseidon's signature on how to put phone into DFU!