Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vibrate Problem Solution

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up Vibrate Problem Solution
    For those who have had the problem where the phone stops vibrating at all, I may have your solution.
    This is obviously for vibrate problems caused by hardware, not software.

I have been without vibrate for the past 2 days, for no known reason.
    Today, I removed the back cover, tightened the 2 screws on the vibrate motor and it works perfect.

If you have an unlocked phone and do not want or are incapable of doing a warranty exchange. This worked for me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fdjordan For This Useful Post:

indiepenguins (2007-12-30), just2 (2010-01-16)

I've been without a vibrating phone for a good 2 months now and mine is obviously unlocked so I can't take it in to Apple. Can you link me to a tutorial or something that would help me open up the back cover? I don't even know where to begin seeing as there's no screws. The vibrate works from time to time when the phone is being shook but for the majority of the time it rattles or just doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

My iphone is not vibrating as well. If you can post some instructions on how to open the phone that would be great. indiepenguins, did you get your phone to vibrate again?

my phone vibrates for phone calls, however doesnt vibrate for texts, emails, switch from silent to sound, or plug in. If i go to customize to change vibrate settings, the page is blank when i select vibrate settings, would this be software, also, is there a fix...anyone?

I opened my iphone and attempted to tighten the screws for the vibrator but they were already tight. I'm beginning to think the motor is damaged.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have been having the same problem. I just sent it in and they are sending it back saying it has been misused and not covered under warranty. I guess I'll just pop off the back and see if there are any loose screws. I would think they would have just tightened them though... We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by testuser11 View Post
    My iphone is not vibrating as well. If you can post some instructions on how to open the phone that would be great. indiepenguins, did you get your phone to vibrate again?
    http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone/R...age-1/SIM-Card

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drogie For This Useful Post:

just2 (2010-01-16)