Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: noob question. which iphone to get?

Default noob question. which iphone to get?
    i just sold my blackberry to buy an iphone, one of my friends has a 4gb that is unlocked and jailbroken through ziphone and it works with no issues, hes including the charger, phone, and 3 cases for 150. another friend has an 8gb that he will unlock upon purchase for 150 as well, but he wont sell it till the 11th. so im out a phone for 10 days that way.

i guess my question is, how much space do these unlocking programs take up? i have a 60gb ipod that i keep all my music on, i would probably only have 500 songs or 2-3gb of music on it. would i be ok using the 4gb iphone? or do the programs take up too much space and would it run slower than a turtle?

thanks in advance

also, im running itunes V.7.6.2(9) on a mac, the owner of the 8gb has pc, when i connect the iphone to my mac, will i run into any issues? im with t-mobile. i dont wanna brick the phone so any advice is greatly appreciated as i am a noob to the iphone.
    Last edited by accoi; 2008-07-02 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

Take the 4 GB iPhone, it wont take any large space.. but I'd take the 8 GB anytime
    How about buying a $30-40 phone till your friend decide to sell it?
    Last edited by MacLunatic; 2008-07-02 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No, apps and unlocks dont take much space , but i would wait and get a 8Gb one , just for music, movies etc...
    If I Helped... Press THANKS!!
    Sorry for my English...

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

get the 8gb and dont worry about connecting to itunes .as long as you dont upgrade thru itunes your fine ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaMagic View Post
    get the 8gb and dont worry about connecting to itunes .as long as you dont upgrade thru itunes your fine ...
    If you don't connect to iTunes, how are you going to sync your music/videos? Also, by not connecting to iTunes, your key-pairing will not take place and you won't be able to access Youtube.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    If you don't connect to iTunes, how are you going to sync your music/videos? Also, by not connecting to iTunes, your key-pairing will not take place and you won't be able to access Youtube.
    i think he meant i can connect and nothing will happen ei:bricked phone.

what do you mean by key pairing? I've never unlocked a phone before, i just downloaded pwnage tool or whatever its called. what other programs do i need to make sure the phone runs properly? i keep seeing neutering, but im not quite sure i understand what that does. there are quite a few terms on here that im not understanding.

also, i think i found a cingular phone for my friend to borrow till the 11th, so i think im getting the 8gb today

Thanks

Just wait for the new one. Its better. But if you really need to get a phone now, I recommend the 8GB. You never know when you'll need the extra room.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

im with t-mobile, so im not gunna pay an arm and a leg for something thats almost identical. t-mobile doesnt use 3g, and i know where im going so i dont need nav.

Thanks

oh, haha. Well then get the 8Gb from your friend.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post

no i ment he can connect but not upgrade .missunderstanding