Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery Dying

Default Battery Dying
    iphone battery showed full charge and then suddenly went dead. Anyone have this issue. Suddenly the last few days it has been dying by the end of the day.

Have you been using the right charger? i remember somebody saying that using an ipod charger will eventually ruin the battery because it gives 10V while the iphone charger gives off 5V. Not sure, so don't quote me on that, but if im right give me a "thanks!" lol

Yes I have been using the charger that came with it.

hmmm... how often do u use it and how much addons are on it?

I use it sparaticly throughout the day. no more than I have in the past 5 months..This just started in the last 2 days. I have many apps installed. Tonight I just uninstalled a lot that I never really use. I will see how that does. Surley I do not need a battery already

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine too. It just started happening over the past couple of days. The only thing that I have put on lately is Navizon, so I am uninstalling that and seeing how it goes.

I had installed "Garf" a game so I hope that is my issue. We will see good luck to you

OMG I installed GARF too and this **** started happening to me!

Default Same Here
    Wife's phone started acting weird when it came to battery life and GARF was the last thing she installed before it started happening. Removed GARF and did a restore now back to normal battery life...think there is a GARF problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Taboo View Post
    OMG I installed GARF too and this **** started happening to me!
    My battery is only lasting about a day as well and this changed just about the time I installed Garf as well. I have just un-installed it and will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I still have GARF in my iPhone, what I do after playing with it is shutdown/restart my iphone just in case some thread is stuck running something....

The creator of GARF is aware of this issue and I'm sure will keep on developing that great mind game!

Looks like it was Garf after uninstalling my battery life in fine again. I found this reply here talking about the issue and fix

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19010

I think there may be a bug in the firmware concerning the way AudioQueue is disposed. This affects Garf 0.15 (old version). Garf v0.17 (new version) uses a different parameter, so it should not be affected by this. I've left a message for the Mod-my-iphone repository keeper, letting him know that I've put up a new version on the Source Forge project page. Hopefully it will be on the repository soon. In the meantime, running NESApp or Piano (iApp-a-day) after running Garf version 0.15 will properly dispose of the AudioQueue.
    Thanks
    JLA

P.S. By the way, if you have had battery issues, what firmware version are you using? And should this be a firmware bug, be aware that certain other programs that use sound may result in the same thing.
    Last edited by JLA; 2007-12-17 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Added more info

Default winpwned 2.0
    Yeah I have been having issues lately too. It may be due to Pandora... I'll do some uninstalling and see what happens... I don't know what Garf is but I don't have it installed. I'll let you all know what I found.. Please don't be Pandora... I have been waiting for Pandora since I got my iPhone a year ago... I'll let you know what I find...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

WOW, Looks like we need a list of Battery Stealing Apps lol

Quote Originally Posted by frobroj View Post
    Yeah I have been having issues lately too. It may be due to Pandora... I'll do some uninstalling and see what happens... I don't know what Garf is but I don't have it installed. I'll let you all know what I found.. Please don't be Pandora... I have been waiting for Pandora since I got my iPhone a year ago... I'll let you know what I find...
    Well, that was quite a bump, 12/07, lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

wow lol, I didnt even notice i was just going through new posts haha, Guess someone wanted to help out

Winterboard looks like it was NOT the culprit...

Heh... Didn't even look at the date... It was a busy day!!
    Last edited by frobroj; 2008-08-08 at 07:05 PM.

its a software issue. Some how the iPhone keeps all of its processes running. Just do a full restore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast