Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery Dying

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What! Thats wierd, Ive been using winterboard on 2.0 since i got 2.0, Havent had any issues yet, But if it does start ill be the first to say somthing

Yup your right. Its definitely not the Winterboard app. My bad! Looks like I need a "Jump to conlcusions mat"! Below is what I found so far:
    Well it looks like it is something with the Mail in the 2.0. Could be that I tried to install a "Mobile Me" account. If I watch TOP on the command line the MobileMail starts then crashes and respawns and a Crash Report spawns... Over and Over and Over until my battery dies. I have just about everything uninstalled except mobile terminal and TOP. I will remove mobile terminal this evening at home and ssh to the thing to see if it stops crashing the MobileMail service. I cant even remove the mail service in the iphone services app. It may be reload and repwn time. Crapadoodle!!! I'll keep this post updated with what I find.
    Last edited by frobroj; 2008-08-08 at 07:20 PM.

Default Finally started from scratch
    Just an FYI I was able to stop the mail from starting and crashing continuously by removing the config file for mail. Cant remember off hand what the name of the file was(something.plist) but it was the xml that contained the mail server settings. The bad news was that after doing this I was unable to create a new account. Looks like it was something much deeper in the mail system and was being pulled accross on the sync. So today I blasted the unit and all is well so far. It was a cool learning experience but didn't end well.
    Just wanted to share with everyone.
    Thx.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I had to do the exact same thing, Removed the settings file and it worked again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12