Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to: Increase Speaker Volume and Change Text Tones

Default How to: Increase Speaker Volume and Change Text Tones
    Hi guys,

I know I am new here in this forum and I am really excited to be part of this forum. I got a couple of questions of my iphone (ver 1.1.2):

1.) Is there a way to increase the speaker volume on the iphone? Is there currently a program available for it? I know there is a program called "AudioAmp", but I think this is only for 1.1.2 version. So is there hope for this problem?

2.) Is there a way to change the tones when receiving a text? I know how to use music as ringtones. How about tones for text messages?

Thanks so much guys.

1. I dunno, speaker is loud enough for me. I'd imagine you could re-sample the ringtone and boost it with an audio editor.

2. Yes.
    Search NAZI

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    1. I dunno, speaker is loud enough for me. I'd imagine you could re-sample the ringtone and boost it with an audio editor.

2. Yes.

1.) is there certain specific audio editor program that you use for this? can you do this in itunes itself?

2.) how do I this? is there a program that I need to install within the iphone? or is there a link for this?

thanks man. appreciate it.

1. Yes. Most audio editing programs can add boost. No, you can't do it in iTunes.

2. Seach, young man. Search. The info you seek is on mmi.
    Search NAZI

1. Yes. Most audio editing programs can add boost. No, you can't do it in iTunes.

2. Seach, young man. Search. The info you seek is on mmi.
    ummm....okay?!??. nice man.

Far from it. I'm not a very nice man.
    Search NAZI

Far from it. I'm not a very nice man.
    haha. certainly.

Just admit that you don't know how to do it.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

to make fone louder u can poke the plastic cover over speaker with a pin. It actually really makes a diffrence. I hink there is an app on istaller to boost sound aswel. And yes tere are many apps on computer to make sounds louder. Google is your friends as far as software
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    to make fone louder u can poke the plastic cover over speaker with a pin. It actually really makes a diffrence. I hink there is an app on istaller to boost sound aswel. And yes tere are many apps on computer to make sounds louder. Google is your friends as far as software
    you can't be serious that won't work it'll pop the speaker.

To increase volume you can use a audio editting program called audacity(sp) its free and easy to use.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i can and very serious. i did it and it works awsome i can actually hear my phone. the speaker is recesed and thers thin plastic or suttin covering the hole to keep dust out.. Read http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...lume-ever.html

Ps i would not intentionally try to break some ones stuff, specialy 500 dollar stuff. Turning The sound up to loud is more likely to ruin ur speaker, BUDDY!
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-05-27 at 05:52 AM.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

yup. pokeing the speaker holes do work. I tried it also and the volume was, in fact, louder.