Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about iTunes - I'm worried

Default Question about iTunes - I'm worried
    I just have a couple quick questions for someone who is versed in iPhones for T-Mobile. I am about to buy an unlocked iPhone from eBay with firmware 1.1.. My questions are 1.) I have iTunes 7.5.0 installed on my computer and the sellers all say something about not updating iTunes past 7.4.3., should I be concerned about getting my music onto my phone? How worried should I be about my phone relocking when I try to transfer music over? And 2) Will getting an iPhone that is jailbroken also make it easier to transfer the music over?

One more quick question: should I get 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.1? I'm seriously kinda clueless about what's best. HELP ME.

I guess I'm just looking for a bit of confirmation from somebody that is knowledgable that I don't really need to worry too much about hooking my phone up to my computer; that it's not going to automatically update or something crazy.

Hope this was posted in the correct forum, and thanks in advance for any help.

-TW

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You know you could just post this thread once and wait for a reply.

And seeing as someone did: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21256

Sorry -- I wasn't sure if it was posted in the correct forum.

I'm just abit anxious about getting the question answered.

Thanks

Make sure the seller unlocks it fully, to all carriers, and make sure he's got Installer on there before sending it to you. Then all you have to worry about is syncing with itunes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

Slowsunrise (2007-12-14)

iTunes 7.5 is fine for any firmware. So go ahead with the purchase, as long as it's not OTB 1.1.2.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

Slowsunrise (2007-12-14)