Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 1011 brick - what do you suggest me to do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    okay, I see potential in the FW 2.0. I'm waiting for more people to try it out and will do the method of choice. Crossing fingers already

Will let you know about the latest developments.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kleinklein For This Useful Post:

[email protected]
    ok ill c u later than but keep posting here so ill get updated that wat r u doing to the iphone just get it to life man
    well the official firmware has been released u ca update but if u want it to be jailbroken than u can wait

4. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

kleinklein (2008-07-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey there,
    here I am again, and here's some good news!
    I managed to jailbreak&activate the thing under 1.1.4 (iTunes didn't let me restore with 2.0 - error 1603). Now the sucker works just fine as an iPod touch - god, way better than nothing.

But there's also bad news: I still got no IMEI, no ICCID, no Bluetooth, no wifi. So it iddn't actually get much better. I would like to proceed with the method you linked to in your second last post, but the required files are no longer online. I already contacted the person who supplied the method and asked him to send them to me. Will keep you posted as soon as anything happens.

Behold! A silvery gleam of hope on the horizon!

[email protected]
    i wanna know that can u make calls or not ?
    may be i can help u more . .
    but thank god u got it fixed a lil bit !

oh if u want to get bak ur imei chek this out if u wish
    [Solution] Error 1011, No WiFi, Bluetooth, IMEI, etc, using beta firmware. [No Links] - Hackint0sh
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-07-13 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

kleinklein (2008-07-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    No I cannot make calls because my baseband is corrupted. Also, my phone isn't unlocked (only jailbroken and activated) because I'd like to proceed with this promising method as soon as I have the needed files.
    One more question: Do I need to deactivate/"rejail" the phone before I can change the firmware?

[email protected]
    well i think u should wait then
    if u can get the files umm
    and i think the jailbreak/unlock will be released for 2.0 in a few days so dont worry ull be all set to go with ur iphone again

i will not mind the thnx button hehehehehe

10. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

kleinklein (2008-07-14)

While I did not have all of your problems, when I downgraded from 2.0 to 1.1.4 i lost my connection to att and could not make calls. I then used a modded version of ziphone which fixes the modem firmware. (Modem Firmware Downgrade Question (2.0 leaked firmware issue) - Mac Forums). MAKE SURE TO READ THE README!!! always check the debug button and use the repair baseband or something function.! Hope this helps, jesse

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jpollak92 For This Useful Post:

kleinklein (2008-07-16)

[email protected]
    thnx jpollak92
    well did it helped u to repair ur phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the thing is: I can't even go to 2.0 (error 1603 before it starts to install the new software and firmware.)

I will try that today anyway and post the results (right now I am busy with University, sorry for that, and thanks for the help!)

And some bad news: Hackint0sh - View Single Post - [Solution] Error 1011, No WiFi, Bluetooth, IMEI, etc, using beta firmware. [No Links]

Hum.

[email protected]
    well did the developer of horizontal theme tried to help u

oh u r giving me a lots of thnx hahahaha

oh and try to restore and update the firmware just dont click update
    click restore it will give u an option for restore and update just click on that and let it do its thing
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-07-16 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Guys,

I'm giving up. After giving two more methods mentioned in the course of this thread a shot with no success. My exams are coming up and I cannot afford spending so much time (and, more than anything else, nerve!) on a gadget that I feel will never live. And after seeing how iPhones declared as broken with exactly my symptoms sell for 10€ less than what I got mine for on eBay, I really want to get my money back. I am a student who cannot afford having several hundreds of Euros lying on my desk in hope for better times.

I thank all ladies and gentlemen very much who gave me their kind support, expecially tahazahoor who obviously tried so hard to make it happen. Sorry it wasn't crowned with success. I will still search the web here and there whenever there is time for it, and will, if I make progress, feel free to post my status here.

Goodbye, and may the phone be with you.

[email protected]
    hmmm so ur giving up
    man just put ur phone somewhere atleast u can use it an an ipod touch
    after ur exams u can fix it may be then dev team will be able to fix this problem
    best of luck with ur exams and ur iphone
    and ill keep looking at this forum for ur reply
    God bless u

Smile Use iBrickr, also No service solution
    Six days it took messing around to find this...

The downloads you will need are; (Download all of these to the desktop for your own sanity)
    iTunes 7.5
    Download iTunes 7.5.0.20 - FileHippo.com
    Iphone 1.1.4 Firmware
    iPod/iPhone firmware update 1.1.4 released - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
    iBrickr
    cre.ations.net - Creation: iBrickr: Easy iPhone ringtone / app management for Windows (This is windows ONLY)
    Ziphone 3
    ZiPhone's Blog
    Kiphone
    EraseBaseband

Ok so you've downloaded all of these, lets get started...

1. Upgrade your iPhone to Version 2 software through iTunes as normal, and wait for the Sim locked message. You need to do this to normalise your iPhone again incase any previous messing around did anything nasty.

2. Uninstall iTunes if it is a higher version than 7.5 and install iTunes 7.5 (You need to do this to avoid the annoying Error 1604). Some of you may have a problem on the mac when downgrading to iTunes 7.5 (Library error). You need to go to finder click on /Users/Username/Music/iTunes you should see the "iTunes Library" file. MOVE it somewhere safe. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DELETE THIS FILE, if you do you will have to redo all your playlists etc, believe me I made this mistake (Thank God for Time Machine!!). iTunes 7.5 should launch away

3. Restore your iPhone to 1.1.4. Do this by docking your iPhone and hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (PC) and click on restore. Point iTunes to the 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded earlier. Sit back and relax, you deserve a coffee.

4. Don't panic, you should get an "Error 10xx", usually 1015, this is ok. Take a sip of coffee, a deep breath and proceed.

5. Load up iBrickr, you will need a PC for this if you have a Mac or just fire up Parallels / VMWare. Luckily I had access to an old laptop. iBrickr should recognise your iPhone as being connected.

6. iBrickr (V0.91) has only two options, click the "Boot phone" button. The screen will turn red, this is normal, be patient it takes a couple of minutes to reboot.

7. You should now have have a 1.1.4 iPhone with a baseband from V2 (Who cares, its technical and we don't need to get into it here)

8. Run ZiPhone and use the "Do it all" option. Make another coffee, this takes 10 minutes or more.

9. You now have a jailbroken phone, with a "No Service" problem. Great.

10. Load up KiPhone. click on "iErase" (Mac) or "debug boot" and "Erase baseband" (PC). I HAD MORE SUCCESS WITH THE PC VERSION. The Mac version hung twice, it's your choice but for your own sanity maybe try the PC Version.

11. Enjoy, you should have full service back.

12. Dock with iTunes, it will ask you if you want to upgrade your iPhone, make sure to click the "Do not ask me again" button and click don't upgrade. Otherwise you will be back at square one.

13. Drink lots of beer, Apple you should be ashamed of yourselves, I wasted the majority of six days of my life to get this problem sorted. Pity-full.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hibernian56 For This Useful Post:

kleinklein (2008-07-18)

[email protected]
    thnx for this great tutorial man i hope this helps him but can he use any thing else except ziphone like iliberty or idemocracy3
    thnx again i hope he sees the tutorial
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-07-18 at 07:29 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hibernian56 View Post
    Six days it took messing around to find this...
    Thanks friend.
    Looks very promising indeed. I only have a mac, but with some luck I will be able to get hold of my brother's Notebook tomorrow. I will definately give that one a shot.

One question though: did you experience the same problems as I did? (no wifi, BT, IMEI, ICCID, laggy input) I somehow have a good feeling about this one.

@tahazahoor: You're right, I could use it as an iPod touch, but on the other hand I wonder if its "eBay-value" remains constant, and also this error has existed practically from day one, so developers haven't been able to solve it in over a year. I dunno... :/

It definately would be best if I finally got this PoS working

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    can he use any thing else except ziphone like iliberty or idemocracy3
    Thats a very good point, since ZiPhone is blamed for bricking countless iPhones in the first place!
    But, you know what: things can't get much worse. If it doesn't work, I'll try with iLiberty or whatnot.
    Last edited by kleinklein; 2008-07-18 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[email protected]
    yeah u r right u can sure do sell it for a good price but i dont think that developers really were working on this error i think they were just working on their apps and jailbreaks
    well there is nothing in the world that cant be fixed and i sure do know that u will be able to fix ur iphone

just pray to God to help u and then u will be able to do it by God`s help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    just pray to God to help u and then u will be able to do it by God`s help
    God didn't want it to be.
    I have been walking through the streets and a nearby forest for 2 hours now to emotionally stabilize (literally!) and to get my head straight. Here's what happened.

I try to keep this short: I followed hibernian56's instruction precisely, though I wasn't able to upgrade to 2.0 in step 1 (error 1603 after "waiting for iPhone"). Believing that things couldn't get much worse in any case, I continued. In step 8, however, ZiPhone got stuck while the the iPhone's display was displaying "Reflashing Bootloader [1'55'']. I quit ZiPhone, and now the iPhone does not boot properly anymore: it shows the white apple logo for a few seconds, then display scrolling white text, repeating a line that's ending with "major: 2, minor: 0". Neither iTunes nor any other tool recognize it.I know well that my Phone is now in a state bejond repair, the bootloader's f*cked.

hibernian56, I don't blame you for anything, I did it at my own risk and I am sure it worked for you as described. But please, considering my story and for other users' sake, don't promote this method any longer.

So this is the end of the story, the final destination. This morning I had a broken phone which I could still sell for way over 250. Now I have a broken phone that I can hardly sell for one tenth that amount. I must really put this into perspective: it's nothing like I crashed my dad's car, lost a finger, a hand, my eyesight or a relative. F*ck, it's 340 overall, once I start working I'm going to earn that much in 2-3 days. The money's gone, It's all not that bad, and it's time to draw a line.

------------------------------------------------------------------

And still, accepting all this, I cannot describe how forcefully disappointment and sadness erupt inside me. I remember well that party back in 2005 when a guys asked me about mobile phones. I answered that I had no idea, but personally was waiting for the iPhone to come out. ****, that was TWO DAMN YEARS before that thing was even introduced! I read everything about it, checked out 3rd party apps without even owning one. Monitored its value on ebay and tried to figure out where, when and how to buy one the best. And this is how it had to end up. Even if I will own an iPhone one day, be it a legally purchased one, it'll probably never be the same again.

I asked my brother to pick it up, I cannot bear having it lying around here. (There you have it, I can't even use it as a paperweight anymore!) I'm not sure what I'll do with it. My options are (ascending by awesomeness

- Sell it as it is, no matter at what price.
    - Sell it as parts. At least the touchscreen could bring a fraction of the money. (gets a bonus for reason)
    - Let my brother keep it as a little design object. Would perfectly match his iBook G3 with broken Logicboard. Doesn't work for me, would drive me nuts.
    - Kill it in a very flamboyant way (chainsaw, heavy hammer, flamethrower, run a car over it, ...) and upload the video on youtube.
    - Throw it into the river Rhein from a very high bridge (also filmed). Like the diamond in "Titanic" thrown into the sea. Then at least it's gone.
    - Throw it into a dense crowd, e.g. at a disco and let them have their fun with it.
    - Tie it to a baloon so it may serve an unknown person somewhere in the world as a paperweight.

Gonna let you know. I won't make decisions today, but I'm sure as hell making myself a drink.

Thanks again for all the time you put into this. I'm done with it now.

Any last words to the iPhone, if only it could hear me? Oh yeah.
    iHateYou!

[email protected]

well i m sorry man i know ull hate this when il tell u that the phone can be fixed
    just put it in DFU mode and restore it will sure as hell restore it I M PRETTY SURE CUZ I TOLD IT TO SUM1 ELSE AND THAT BROKEN IPHONE CAME TO LIFE
    I M REALY SORRY MAN BUT atleast if u want it to get working plz put it in dfu mode and try to restore
    how to put iphone into dfu mode ? here is a guide
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode
    then restore it and i told u not to use ziphone well i m sure by dfu mode and restore atleast ur phone will boot and
    no ur bootloader is not corrupted its only the baseband which is corrupted and can be fixed i dont no y people are not replying to ur posts well dfu mode and restore

well i m sorry man i know ull hate this when il tell u that the phone can be fixed
    just put it in DFU mode and restore it will sure as hell restore it I M PRETTY SURE CUZ I TOLD IT TO SUM1 ELSE AND THAT BROKEN IPHONE CAME TO LIFE
    I M REALY SORRY MAN BUT atleast if u want it to get working plz put it in dfu mode and try to restore
    then restore it and i told u not to use ziphone well i m sure by dfu mode and restore atleast ur phone will boot and
    no ur bootloader is not corrupted its only the baseband which is corrupted and can be fixed i dont no y people are not replying to ur posts well dfu mode and restore

25. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

kleinklein (2008-07-19)

[email protected]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not at all! I LOVE THIS! AND IT WORKS!

I tried DFU restore before I wrote my last, desperate post. But obviously I must have held the sleep button too long, or not long enough so it didn't work. Now I went to my brother's place and tried again and yes, indeed, I'm back where I came from! SUCCESS! YEEHA!

I'm not sure whether I'll keep on trying, but I'll definately need to take a break with the phone and study. My first exam's on tuesday and I've spend the whole afternoon worrying about that gadget.

All I can think of is a a german saying which roughly translages: "Shock, subside!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast