Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modifying 4th gen remote to fit iPhone

Default Modifying 4th gen remote to fit iPhone
    I had no clue where to post this, but I have a 4th gen remote for the iPod. The remote is the one that you plug your headphones into and can control the Play, Forward and Back buttons. I attached the picture of the unit, but I was wondering if I could modify it to fit the iPhone. I know it is a long shot, but was wondering if anyone knew. Thank.

Thanks

that looks like the plug for a psp remote... and i dont think you can mod it.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Lol that's not an iPod remote, it's a PSP remote. And it won't work with your iPhone

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

The headphones that come with your phone have a remote button it. If you've lost them, you can buy replacement iphone headphones (like, for cheap -- I bought some for less than $10 that sound "ok") that have a remote button on it. It's only one button, but it does a lot of things:

Pause Play back/Resume Playback/Answer Phone/End Call

Depending on whether phone is ringing, you're listening to music,etc -- also it will skip to next track if you press it twice. So you get Play/Pause, Next Track, Answer/End Call all from one button. I bought mine from Amazon.com (one of its affiliate stores). It was like 6 bucks + 4 shipping and only took a few days to get to me . . .

And of course there's the more expensive models with the same button -- some reviews of those in the accessories review forums.

I assume you probably still have your original headphones though, so I wonder why you need more? The only thing you'd gain is the ability to go backwards a track instead of forwards.
    Last edited by Faxmonkey; 2008-06-30 at 08:49 PM.