Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with pwn + itunes. error (1604)

Default Problem with pwn + itunes. error (1604)
    Hey
    Soooo sorry if this is obviously or what not, but i have been seraching for hrs and havnt found solution..
    i tried to upgrade from 1.01 - 1.4 thru winpwn..
    following the guide..
    i did each step but when pwning i noticed it said on the screen.

"failed to patch appleimage2NORAcess
    NOR Flashing Failed"

i continued.. hoping it was fine..

then when i tried to restore on itunes with the custom firmware i get the error "The iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1604)."

any help would be great im shitting myself..
    anythin to get my iphone working on any software and unlocked again would be great..
    i dunno much so plz try to explain..
    thx

You will have to try a DFU restore. Then restore to 1.1.4 and seup as NEW.

1. Connect to your computer, hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding both buttons down)
    2. As soon as the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (If you see the apple logo or connect to itunes logo you are not in DFU mode so try it again)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see your iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    Now iTunes should ask you to restore its firmware.

Restore to 1.1.4 and jailbreak with iliberty+

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

cal_stock (2008-06-25)

sorry i am having trouble getting into DFU mode..
    i hold em both down, let go of pwoer when i see the apple ubt it still says connect to itunes and itunes says its detected it in recovery mode.

Quote Originally Posted by cal_stock View Post
    sorry i am having trouble getting into DFU mode..
    i hold em both down, let go of pwoer when i see the apple ubt it still says connect to itunes and itunes says its detected it in recovery mode.
    Do not let go when you see the apple. You want the screen to be black. Look at the BOLD text in my last post. Just hold both for about 10 seconds until the screen goes black..let up on the POWER button, but continue to hold the home button until itunes discovers it in the recovery mode...about 10 or 20 seconds... then let up the home button.

yes sorry i didnt understnad..
    its downloading now..
    so i just install it? and then jailbreak with iliberty?

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't dfu mode, all you need to do is restart the computer, and change usb ports, that should do it.
    wow, none of my avatars work, so it is blend
    oh and i am black
    90210 ftw!!!