Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Few Questions

Default Few Questions
    also posted on howard forums but no replies.

is anyone still encountering or encountered having an iphone with a screen that has like a yellow tint on a certain area or areas? I realized i have this yellow area on the top right corner of my phone. Not very noticeable unless focused on. Kinda noticeable when the screen is off. Almost looks like a little oil stain. I'm wondering what people did. Did they return it or just suck it up and use it?

and the other question is, how would i rename the iphone? i know you do it in itunes, which i already did, but when i plug it in, iphoto comes up and says "mikeys iphone" (the person i purchased it from) while itunes says my name. thanks!
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo

Thanks

Your LCD may be bad. It's up to you whether or not you want to return it to Apple.
    Try a restore of the phone and see if you can get its name sorted that way
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-06-24 at 05:49 PM.

its not a big deal right? my warranty expired along time ago, and its also jailbroken so its voided lol.
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo

Thanks

you might have to buy another screen...

Thanks

It hasn't been a year since iPhone release; so it hasn't expired, has it? And Apple can only void your warranty if they can prove that you've jailbroken...and there are ways of getting around that.

i mean its no big deal. it wouldnt be a crack in the lens though right? i mean it wont spread?

im not sure about warranty. it was purchased off a friend and i dont have a receipt of proof of purchase. still good or invalid?
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo