Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Organize contacts by country?

Default Organize contacts by country?
    On my old Motorola E6 I was able to organize my contacts by categories or country. I frequently travel between three different countries and it would be great if there is a way to organize my iphone contacts by country.

is it possible?
    Last edited by awaadster3; 2008-06-24 at 02:41 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

the only way i can think of to organize that way is to utilize "Groups" but of course you'd have to do that manually

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    the only way i can think of to organize that way is to utilize "Groups" but of course you'd have to do that manually
    thank you for the reply, could you please explain more?

If you use a MAC go to address book and set up your groups in the left hand side of the application, drag the names you want into the correct group then when you sync your phone go to the area that asks what contacts you want to sync and select the groups that you created. now go to your phone select contacts and in the upper left hand side you will see a "button" that says groups. hit that it will take you to a new screen, you should see all the groups you synced there. On a windows machine go to outlook and you can do the same thing (I dont think they call them groups I cant remember)

Hope this helps

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

in windows, i believe it's called "Category"