Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: antenna wires...

Default antenna wires...
    My phone came with a faulty battery, I am not particularly upset by that and I usually quite good with taking things apart and fixing them myself. So I ordered a battery replacement and bravely opened up and replaced the battery. The problem was while I was trying to open up the casing, I accidentally damaged the antenna wire (the white one that connects to the bottom wifi antenna.

Now I have a working iphone with a new battery but very very very low wifi reception. I think I have to replace that wire but I don't know where to buy if I can even find it. Or can I just replace it with any wires?

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chinokchinok View Post
    My phone came with a faulty battery, I am not particularly upset by that and I usually quite good with taking things apart and fixing them myself. So I ordered a battery replacement and bravely opened up and replaced the battery. The problem was while I was trying to open up the casing, I accidentally damaged the antenna wire (the white one that connects to the bottom wifi antenna.

Now I have a working iphone with a new battery but very very very low wifi reception. I think I have to replace that wire but I don't know where to buy if I can even find it. Or can I just replace it with any wires?

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks
    try this place
    http://cnn.cn/shop/apple-iphone-c-256_374.html

looks like they have it.
    i've bought Moto stuff and iPhone stuff from them, very reliable, but they are in HK.
    it will take a week or more to get it.

http://cnn.cn/shop/apple-iphone-ante...ve-p-1832.html

Thanks for the reply. I have written them an email regarding the wire that I need.....They only have the antenna plate displayed. I have also bought from that store, and they are very reliable.

Essentially all antennas are nothing more than a regular wire. There are some that are powered, but that is not the case with the phone. You should be able to solder any old wire in there to act as an antenna. Also, for a little extra reception you should coil the wire if possible.

Why didnt you just have apple fix it? It comes with a warranty for this purpose..

I am looking for an wifi wire too and i cants find it any place please help.