Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone else have screen bubbles?

Default Anyone else have screen bubbles?
    So I noticed somethign on the screen abotu two days ago. At first, I thought it was a dead pixel but after looking more closely, I realized it is a bubble under the glass. I also noticed a second, smaller one. Anyone else had this happen? I plan on taking it by the apple store after finals but, for now, I don't have the time to mess with it. Think they'll replace it? I'm not looking forward to having to remod yet again

wow... That is a bummer man.

If you want to test your pixels here is a great little site http://iphonedpt.awardspace.com/ (Use your iPhone's safari)

Here is one for stuck pixels http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/repair.html
    It's worth a try.

Yeah I had those on my iphone, but it "died" before I got the chance to go to the Apple store to find out exactly what had caused them. They gave me a new phone, hopefully this one stays bubble free.

Man, at first 1 had one, then 2 now i have 4 of them. Sad that i live in Singapore and really cant do anything about it.

thanks for the try broomhead, but definitely not pixels. Oh well, a trip to the apple store next friday

Default Had the same thing
    Hey Curt2121,

Don't know if you are still monitoring this thread but I had the same issue with bubbles under the glass on my wife's phone. We took it back to the Apple store and the 'genius' replaced it. I asked if he'd seen the problem before and he said that he had but offered no explanation. Remains a mystery. I am happy that the issue is resolved for us but in the interest of iPhone users everywhere I have a thread open (sorry, didn't see yours before I posted) for discussion on the subject. What was the resolution for your issue? Did they replace it? Did you find out what had caused the bubbles?

Thanks for your post,

GenghisPhlip

A week or two ago, I started noticing a bubble on the right hand side of my screen. Does anyone have any updates to this? I'd rather not have to go get another iPhone, but perhaps it is necessary...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

I had this problem occur on a friends phone. Two bubbles on the right side, evenly spaced from the edge of the screen; also had some strange discoloration on the LCD under the bubbles. I figured it was some sort of heat issue. Apple replaced it under warranty.