Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help ! Cannot restore phone - itunes hangs !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Help ! Cannot restore phone - itunes hangs !
    iPhone was unlocked and running 1.1.1. but needed to remove everything and bring it back to OTB status. I did a virginize and now when itunes starts to restore it just sits forever and does nothing The iPhone shows the connect to itunes screen but nothing happens. What can I do that iTunes fully resotres the phone ? What's wrong ?

I need a fast solution for this Thanks a lot for your assistance
    - Roger

did you put the phone into recovery mode before performing the restore?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes, iTunes tells me that it must be restored. I choose the 1.1.1 file and it says the usual stuff until the iTunes connection screen shows up and itunes just doesn't go on.

Add-on: I run iTunes 7.4 and I get the "funny" iPod cable picture on the phones screen. With iBrickr Boot the display background turns green, when iTunes hangs it can only be shut down from the windows task manager.

Ok, I finally got an error 1604 after trying again. After searching for this I found some information at Apple. I then installed iTunes 7.5 and connected the cable directly to an USB port instead over the craddle and USB Hub. I also pushed and hold the button for more than 20 seconds. After this the 1.1.1. got installed without problems !

- Roger
    Last edited by robby3; 2007-12-08 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default iPhone hanging on restore
    HI if your iphone is hanging on restore I found downloading itunes again fixes this problem. I have down it several times and it works. Its a simple fix.