Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Searching for network problem, freezes iphone. Basically ... freeze problem :\

Default 1.1.3 Searching for network problem, freezes iphone. Basically ... freeze problem :\
    Hey all,

I've been using a week 47 iphone for quite a while now. I was using a simhack all these while until recently. Just a few days ago I realised my wifi has been acting up. Unable to detect the connection at all, and if it does, it's usually 1-2 rings (the indicator) only. Then a string of problems occur.

When I was on 1.1.2 + simhack
    The phone will sometimes reboot when I'm on call suddenly, and will show the Apple logo. And then it will either be frozen at the slider
    (power button won't work) or when it does go into the springboard, it will be frozen at "Searching ..." <-- where your GSM provider should be.

Heck so I thought, HMMMMMMmmmmm maybe the simhack craped out. So what the heck, right? Now I have an excuse to upgrade to 1.1.3 and get rid of the simhack. So I proceeded to download iLiberty-x. Made a restore from iTunes to 1.1.3. Then enter DFU mode with iLiberty and got everything working again.

Now, this is where my problem starts.

1.1.3 now
    After a night, I got to check the phone this morning, it froze on the springboard. I could not power down at all, except by holding the power + home button. And once again, it's frozen at the slider .... and when it DOES go to the springboard, it freezes when it tries to get my gsm network provider. I wonder what's wrong? I open up iLiberty again and this time round downgraded the bootloader from 4.6 to the 3.9fakeblank and hit the unlock option again. Everything worked fine after that. Well, only for about 1-2 hours at least. When I wake the phone from sleep mode, it'll freeze at the springboard again .... AND I have to do the process all over again. What gives? I tried 2 different sim cards (2 different GSM provider) and the problem is consistent.

Could this be caused by the bootloader? Did I messed it up? I've only have these 3 apps on my phone at the moment, Cydia, Installer and Nemusync. I need to identify the problem before knowing what to fix

Anyone can help me, please?

-----------

Oh yeah, and I can't view the settings section anymore, it appears as blank now.

-----------
    Baseband info
    Modem firmware: 04.04.05_G
    Bootloader: 3.9_M3S2

p/s: I posted this on Hackint0sh as well.
    Last edited by InYourDreamz; 2008-06-23 at 11:09 AM. Reason: another problem

your having the same problems i had..your wifi is freezing the phone up..you have to disable it..

you will lose wifi by doing this, but the phone wont freeze anymore!

i wrote a thread about this, the solution is here..

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-crashing.html

hope it works for you!..

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had several friends with similar issues because they bought their units from resellers that used weak J/A/U solutions.

In all the cases I solved their problems by virginizing the iPhone and installing 1.1.4. J/A/U with the Pwnage tool (WinPwn for those unlucky PC owners that have not bought a MAC).

It should be a very simple process with no added tweaks to get your WiFi or anything else to work.

Quote Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
    your having the same problems i had..your wifi is freezing the phone up..you have to disable it..

you will lose wifi by doing this, but the phone wont freeze anymore!

i wrote a thread about this, the solution is here..

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-crashing.html

hope it works for you!..
    Come to think of it, it does make sense ... as the problem started with the wifi. If I follow the solution you suggested, does this mean I'll never have wifi on my iphone anymore??? The thing that I don't understand is ... shouldn't DFU restore fixed any wifi problems? Isn't it in the firmware? I'm quite unclear of this. I need to understand before doing anything else first