Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My wife destroyed my iPhone ... what next?

Default My wife destroyed my iPhone ... what next?
    I had a huge argument with the Mrs. tonight and she threw my 2 week old iPhone at the wall as hard as she could. Now my screen is shattered making the iPhone useless. Does my Apple warranty cover these types of incidents or would I need the insurance thru AT&T. I'm not sure if my plan includes insurance automatically or if I needed to ask for it. I'm truly hoping I don't have to buy another phone.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Why should Apple over your wife's tissy fit?

AFAIK AT&T doesn't offer insurance on the iPhones. try your home owner's insurance.

Apple does offer an apple care plan for the iPhone BUT you have had to signed up for it and it doesn't cover "accidental" damage done to the phone. Looks like your gonna have to get a new phone.

Man dude if my wife would of broke my iphone! I would of threw her *** out the window and made her buy me a new one!!

Sorry man. you did to pay about $100 for new screen of it's still in working cont..

Its simple..........................destroy your wife!!

If you have insurance maybe you should take the money and invest in anger management classes for your wife...just a thought...

Should've switched to State Farm.

my first iPhone fell off the pier one night and AT&T gave me a new one when I told them it was stolen
    Hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bennylb69 View Post
    Man dude if my wife would of broke my iphone! I would of threw her *** out the window and made her buy me a new one!!

Sorry man. you did to pay about $100 for new screen of it's still in working cont..
    How would I go about getting the phone repaired? The screen still shows the caller info when someone calls but i cant answer it because of the cracks in the screen. I'm assuming that it still works.

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post
    my first iPhone fell off the pier one night and AT&T gave me a new one when I told them it was stolen
    How did you tell them it was stolen? Did they ask for a police report? Did you call AT&T or did you go to a store?

Thanks for the info.

www.ifixit.com

They have parts and picture instructions on fixing iPhones

roffle! out of all things you can pick up and throw at a wall. she picked the iphone!

i assume she wanted iphone too. she can't get one, neither can you!

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    Should've switched to State Farm.
    should switch to another wife.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon114 View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions.
    Divorce her.

Apple doesn't cover deliberate damage.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

It's simple. But before you get a new iphone you need a new wife!

You can buy a new screen on ebay for like $40 hopefully thats all you need.

I've been an ATT customer since the 90's - I just simply told them it was stolen and I needed it replaced, i've had this happen with nokia's and 1 razor - no problem. Just keep asking to speak to a supervisor than manager etc.. and be polite
    Hit Thanks!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to uPhone559 For This Useful Post:

Teflon114 (2007-12-07)

I've only been an AT&T customer for 2 weeks. When I called them, the rep told me I need to buy a new phone. He said If I go to the store they may cut me a deal. I'm going to try the store, if i dont get anywhere, I'll try to call them back.

Thank you all for you suggestions.
    Last edited by Teflon114; 2007-12-07 at 10:04 PM.