Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in a vicious cycle!

Thanks

Default Stuck in a vicious cycle!
    Howdy everyone, my name is John and I've been a lurker for some time and have learned a lot from reading these boards. Welp, now it's my turn to make a thread and be helped out by all the great minds on here.

I have (or had at the moment) a jailbroken 1.1.4 8gb iPhone.

Since the beginning, YouTube never seemed to work for me and I told myself that I didn't care. My phone did everything BUT YouTube. Well, I guess earlier today I decided it wasn't good enough anymore and I tried some more of the edits to enable YouTube and I messed something up. No, I didn't back anything up because I'm a genius.

The problem I'm having is that my phone will not be recognized by my pc anymore. Plugging it into the wall charger charges it, but that's about it.

So, after about 2 and half hours searching I found a thread on this site about a person having the same problem. Don't know why I didn't look here in the first place, but I found out how to restart my phone in restore mode (holding home/on button for 30 seconds while connected to the pc.) Well, iTunes recognized the phone and all was well. Or so I thought.

I clicked on restore and it said are you sure and I told it to shut up and restore my phone already, and it started downloading the update. I hit 100% and I get an error "your connection has timed out or there has been an error. Please check your connection settings." Well guess what? My settings are fine, I'm on the stinking internet! I have clicked restore 9, count them 9 times and it downloads 100% and I keep getting the same error. Needless to say, I'm kind of upset at the moment.

So, after reading my whole store, any ideas? Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Try downloading the 1.1.4 firmware again. Unplug your phone after the download starts. Wait and see if it completes, then put the phone in DFU mode and Restore to the new firmware.

Just to be clear, to get to DFU mode you need to hold the home and power buttons while its plugged in to your computer. When Windows (if that's your OS) makes the USB disconnect sound let go of the power button and continue to hold the home button. Windows should make the USB connect sound after 10 seconds or so- let go of the home button and Restore.

BTW, there is a 1.1.4 YouTube fix on Installer that works great to make YouTube work. Just search YouTube under the newest installer and you should find it. BigBoss is the Repo.
    Last edited by Kruejl; 2008-06-21 at 06:29 AM.
    Apples taste good.

Thanks

I will try that and post back here with my results. Hopefully this will get it to work. Also, I did try the youtube fix in installer and that didn't work, hence why I started messing with stuff I shouldn't have been messing with.

LOL

Thanks

^^^Keep us posted of your progress M8!
    Apples taste good.

Thanks

Ok, still no luck doing it that way. I tried it 3 more times and nothing. I ended up just downloading the backup file from a site and restoring that way.

Thanks anyway!

Now for jailbreaking it again and keeping youtube, any ideas on that one?

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

i know what your doing wrong... you are not clicking Shift+Click on restore...

Here is a step by step on what i would do...

Turn the phone off... if it is in a boot cycle then hold the home and power button till the screen goes back and does not come back on (about 10 sec)
    Then with the phone being off hold the home button and plug it into your computer (keeping the home button pressed!)
    you will see the apple logo, keep holding the button

after about 15-30 sec your phone will show you the restore screen

once in restore open itunes and it will tell you your phone is in restore mode, and as you put it tell it to STFU

then hold shift and click restore

locate your 1.1.4 IPSW file click on it and click open

let your phone restore, if you gett an 1604 or 1601 error or something like that, that is fine... click ok

your phone might be stuck in restore this is ok!!!

download ibriker old version (please search it)

use ibriker to boot out of restore mode, if your screen turns green then your phone will just reboot back to restore once again THIS IS FINE!!!

go back to itunes and shift + click on restore once again! let it restore

if it is stuck in Restore AGAIN!! this is once again OK!!!!

use ibriker again... the screen should turn red and reboot...

then after the phone has rebooted use either iliberty (quicker version i guess) i would use winpwn... but once again that is just me

jailbreak/activate/unlock as you wish... and then use the youtube fix located in installer, now please remember that in iLiberty and winpwn you have to manually select for the installer app to be installed... unless you would like to use Cydia
    Last edited by the sr5; 2008-06-21 at 08:24 AM.

It Is What It Is...

Thanks

Ok, I don't know what's going on now. It wont restore. Here's the screen I keep seeing. I tried it how you said and no luck. The error I'm getting is 1063

Update, used the ibrickr fix.

Restarted my computer, plugged my iphone into a different USB slot and used iBrickr to fix my phone.

THANK GOD!
    Last edited by HappycoreDJ; 2008-06-23 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    .ıl.lıl.lı. Its All About The Core™.ıl.lıl.lı.

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

your using the newest itunes then... in order to restore freely i would suggest downgrading to 7.5 (save your itunes library from cDocuments and Settings\Username\My Documents\Music\iTunes just rename library file to library.bak) then downgrade to 7.5 do your restore and then reupgrade itunes again if you wish.

It Is What It Is...