Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help a noob who's Safari stopped working :(

Default Help a noob who's Safari stopped working :(
    hey guys, i'm just a noob in these forums. I'm also a noob when it comes to Jailbreaking and Unlocking my iphone.

Anyway, my iphone came from a 1.1.1 firmware but then i decided to upgrade to 1.1.4. I used the "restore-1.1.4 firmware-ziphone" method.

Everything seemed okay until i tried using

SAFARI

I click it, it comes up, but then the iphone freezes and crashes.

Help please. i'd be forever grateful as i need this for work.

thanks guys.

help please?....:'(
    Last edited by marvinbig2002; 2008-06-20 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

try to go to settings and reset your NETWORK SETTINGS ON YOUR IPHONE then let it reboot if not then reboot it yourself. try that first.....Before you restore

hey man, thanks for replying. I did try your suggestion, which is reset all my network settings, i then let it reboot. I tried safari this time around but it FROZE yet again, showed the BOOKMARKS, then CRASHED and went back to the HOME screen.

I then tried your next suggestion, i restored, but this time i downgraded to 1.1.3, hoping that it'd fix my problem, but it still stayed there..

if you know any more suggestions please do tell me

i'm really desperate cause i need it for work..

thanks a bunch though

Thanks

Have you tried Restoring to 1.1.4 and then iLiberty+?
    Apples taste good.

not yet but i'mma try that. but doesnt restoring mean that you'll just go back to 1.1.4 (which had the exact same problem for me right now)?

and is there really a difference whether you use iLiberty, ziphone, ijailbreak or independence?

thanks guys (

Thanks

I personally recommend iLiberty+ for jailbreak/unlock/activate needs. Never had a problem with it.
    Apples taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by marvinbig2002 View Post
    and is there really a difference whether you use iLiberty, ziphone, ijailbreak or independence?
    Yes, the difference is rather significant in fact - ZiPhone is EVIL iLiberty\iDemocracy\iPlus2.0 are good

If you wish to read more on the differences, search the forums. I don't recall the title of the thread but there's a very informative thread on MMi that explains these difference in great details.

Good luck with your Safari fix