Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has this problem been solved yet? :s

Default Has this problem been solved yet? :s
    Hey all, that's my first post here

So I'm a proud owner of an iPhone, but I'm having problems with it. When I try to sync with itunes i get this error "disk cannot be read or written to". The more I try to sync, the more I get that error. Also if I get it a number of times, everything from my iPod (on my phone) disappears and itunes wants to restore my iphone before it can be used again, and stuff like that. I also tried using iphonepcsuite, same stuff - it gets screwed after a couple of attempts and I have to delete the itunescontrol folder in order to get it recognized by itunes.

Also, I have tried both on PC and on my new mac mini, so the problem is in the USB cable or (god forbid) in my phone. Yes, I have tried many usb ports, without using the dock and all kinds of magic, but it just won't work. Also restored it a couple of times.

I'm really looking to hear some advices or suggestions here, because I'm considering to get rid of my phone because of this, but I don't want to

Is there a way to upload music/videos wirelessly so I can check if the problem is in my usb cable or not?
    P.S. I have googled this ALOT, and I never found a working solution for this, so I'm counting on you people.

Cheers and sorry for the long post!

Quote Originally Posted by nerubz View Post
    So I'm a proud owner of an iPhone, but I'm having problems with it.
    Pardon me...didn't read your question correctly. Apologies.
    Last edited by ajrulez; 2008-06-21 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Pardon me...didn't read your question correctly. Apologies.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

There's an app that allows you to share files wirelessly but I don't remember the name.. search installer, I'm very sure it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by MacLunatic View Post
    There's an app that allows you to share files wirelessly but I don't remember the name.. search installer, I'm very sure it's there.
    As far as I know you can't just copy-paste files into your phone's iPod, it's more complicated than that. Does that program allow uploading audio/video content, managing album artwork and etc.?

cheers

May I ask if you bought the iphone brand new or from an apple dealer?
    If I helped you please hit the THANKS button

Quote Originally Posted by The_Godfather3 View Post
    May I ask if you bought the iphone brand new or from an apple dealer?
    It wasn't brand-new, why?

same problem with mine. I also bought it new