Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "unknown error" return iphone

Default "unknown error" return iphone
    When I try to restore I get and "unknown error" message, the phone also vibrates constantly whenever it is in restore mode. I have tried everything I can think of. I sent the phone into rapidrepair and they can not get it to restore either. I think it has a hardware problem there is no physical damage, it is only 3 months old but I did not activate it with at&t.

I pwned my phone and was using it with t-mobile, then the phone stopped working, I got “no service” and the wifi stopped working too. I attempted to restore with my custom firmware, then restore back to factory, I’ve tried ziphone and iliberty. It will show the connect to itunes page and itunes recognizes the phone. I get an error message that says “unknown error”

the case has not been opened

does anyone know if apple will do the warranty repairs?

or can I use the sim from an at&t activated iphone to return the phone. has anyone done this? Does anyone know the potential hazards to the owner of the at&t activated iphone?

first question: where did you get the phone, if you bought it from apple or att it will be under warranty, so best option is to get the phone back to its original firmware, or at least try, and then take it bake and tell them some ******** story as to why the phoe dont work and they need to replace it

but then again if you can get it back to its original firmware,why not just hack it again, lol

ur in a sticky situation